Aa barrels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You guys are complaining over a couple week wait?! Back during the the first election rush it took me close to 8 months to get my upper. Sit back and relax. AA is a small quality company, and your parts will get there when they get there.

Comment

I've never had to wait on a weapon, driving me crazy ! A couple Weeks is one thing, a couple months is another!

Comment

Shoot, I am not complaining about the wait.. I just waited 3 months on a stock set I was told would be delivered in 3 weeks - technically I still don't have it, but from the tracking it will be delivered tomorrow..

And heck, I once waited over 2 years for some custom barrel work I had done on my Win Mod 70..

Quaility work takes time.. There is an old saying, "You can have it fast, or you can have it good".. I choose good.. flk k

Comment

• Variable
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Overwatch View Post
          I've never had to wait on a weapon, driving me crazy ! A couple Weeks is one thing, a couple months is another!
          LOL! You might not want to try buying any NFA toys then (machine guns, short barrel rifles/shotguns, silencers, etc.). You'd definitely go nuts. Most definitely don't become a depositor on a newly developing weapon like the Shrike was either.LOL
          Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
          We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

I've heard SBRs and cans are taking about 6 mos. now.

Comment

• Variable
              Chieftain
              • Mar 2011

Yeah, when they moved the NFA section to WV they chewed up the backlog and sped things up considerably for a while. That news got out and it combined with the recent "NFA Trust" route popularity to flood the NFA branch with much higher numbers that have slowed everything down again. I wish they'd expand their NFA examiner branch to speed things up again, but that's the breaks I guess (at least as far as the artificial construct of the NFA act goes...).
              Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
              We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

Yeah, that would be real nice, seems like not too terribly long ago it was taking less than 3 mos. You can shoot without a can, not much you can do without a barrel though.

Comment

guys, dont feel too bad about the wait. I talked to Bob at Templar today and he says my blank is probably 4 more weeks out from getting to him, so, Ill wait a little longer. There is nothing he can do except wait, so thats what ill have to do. I called to ask him about some dimensions, wasnt even gonna bug him about the eta. Im glad to be dealing with someone who is up front and honest about the wait times. Long story short, it looks like its industry wide from small parts all the way up to the premium barrel makers. Good things come to those who wait!

richard

Comment

• tallhorse89

i cancelled my AA order and went with templar. when i talked to him to day he said 3-4 months waiting on blanks. better that AA sayin 4-7 weeks every time you call.

Comment

• ericv
                      Warrior
                      • Oct 2011

I canceled my AA barrel and ordered from midway. It arrived today and the box and barrel are clearly marked 6.5 Grendel and not 264 at all.
                      Rock Hollow Tactical Carbon Fiber Free Float Hand Guards
                      www.rockhollowtactical.com

Comment

• Grizzerman

What brand did you get?

Comment

• ericv
                          Warrior
                          • Oct 2011

The Midway AR Stoner. All the info I find is it is made by ER Shaw. I've read a bunch of places that the AA is also an ER Shaw.
                          Rock Hollow Tactical Carbon Fiber Free Float Hand Guards
                          www.rockhollowtactical.com

Comment

Working...
                          X