• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BluntForceTrauma
    Administrator
    • Feb 2011

Russki Grendel

Just a sneak preview, for The Horde, of some things that are afoot in the world of the 6.5 Grendel.

Stay tuned. . . .

John
    Attached Files
    :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Interesting...

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
      Administrator
      • Feb 2011

LR, I'd have to check my firearms history, but off the top of my head there's something about a Federov Avtomat or such in 6.5mm at the turn of the century (I mean the LAST century. Am I THAT old? Weird. . . ). With the Russians again chambering a 6.5mm assault rifle cartridge in their favorite design the wheel, perhaps, turns full circle!

John
      :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• txgunner00
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2011

Cool. When can I buy one?
        NRA life, GOA life, SAF, and TSRA

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

George Mason, co-author, 2nd Amendment.

Comment

Originally posted by HANKA View Post
          LR, I'd have to check my firearms history, but off the top of my head there's something about a Federov Avtomat or such in 6.5mm at the turn of the century (I mean the LAST century. Am I THAT old? Weird. . . ). With the Russians again chambering a 6.5mm assault rifle cartridge in their favorite design the wheel, perhaps, turns full circle!

John
          Yes, the Federov Avtomat 6.5mm with full auto capability was introduced in the Czarist era. It saw use in The Great War, The Russian Civil War, the Winter War against Finland, and The Great Patriotic War.

My friends in Finland made its existence known to me back in 2007.

Comment

• rasp65
            Warrior
            • Mar 2011

Here is more info on the Federov: http://www.forgottenweapons.com/earl...rifles/fedorov

Comment

I got 1 of these in .308. Long, thin, whippy barrel that heats and walks fast. It is reliable and shoots 6" @100. I love the idea of a AK Grendel. I want one. I would like to see how well they shoot before buying.

Comment

I probably won't buy one but I encourage anything that will help proliferate the cartridge. I still want to see Sturm Ruger chamber the Mini-14 in Grendel for the same reason.

Comment

• supertex14

i would like to see a grendel saiga

Comment

A Grendel SVD or Tigr would be cool. If anyone really wants a Grendel AK, they could build it themselves. Krebs has been testing several for a while now.

Comment

• Variable
                      Chieftain
                      • Mar 2011

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
                      A Grendel SVD or Tigr would be cool. If anyone really wants a Grendel AK, they could build it themselves. Krebs has been testing several for a while now.
                      A scaled down "baby" SVD in Grendel would be pretty darn cool I must admit!
                      Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
                      We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

Like I said, I knda want one. Would anyone care to speculate as to expected accruacy?
                        Sounds like a GREAT truck gun. Sounds like a good travel gun with folding stock. I suspect that we would have a lot fewer magazine problems with a rifle like this than an AR.

Comment

Magazine problems are one of the biggest issues with AK's in my experience. They are not all the same, and tolerances are so variant from country to country, year to year, and lot to lot, that you have to troubleshoot at least 20 mags to find 12 good ones. The AK's reliability record is one of the most successful propaganda programs ever swallowed by the West.

Comment

Working...
                          X