• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Six5x39
    Warrior
    • Sep 2017

ASC mags experience

I found some locally and never used their mags before . I only have 10rds E-landers and no issues . wanting to get some feedback on it before jumping on ASC 25rds mags . thanks
  • Harpoon1
    Chieftain
    • Dec 2017

Comment

• StoneHendge
      Chieftain
      • May 2016

I have never had an ASC Grendel mag work. That includes multiple 10, 15 and 25 rounders.
      Let's go Brandon!

Comment

• VASCAR2
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2011

ASC mags are hit or miss on quality. When I bought my first 6.5 Grendel AR-15 C Products was the only magazine available. I bought one five, one ten, three fifteen and one twenty five round mags. I later bought four twenty five round ASC mags after ASC absorbed C Products. I also purchased one AA marked ASC twenty five round magazine. I had to adjust the feed lip on one twenty five round ASC mag as it failed to feed from the non ejection port side. After tweaking the feed lip all these magazines function.

I always recommend people buy 6.5 Grendel magazines from vendors who will take returns of defective magazines. All the different brands of 6.5 Grendel mags have suffered from lemons hitting the market. I currently have thirty one 6.5 Grendel mags and besides the one ASC mag I tweaked the feed lip I had trouble with one twenty four round E-Lander which failed to feed. The welds on the spine were rough where the follower was dragging. A few passes with a flat file fixed that E-Lander mag.

Basically two magazines out of 31 which needed adjustment to make them work. I only have two C Products Defense Duramag magazines which are twenty round capacity. D&H sell a ten round magazine which I have never used. I have never tried the ten round polymer Amend2 magazine.
        Last edited by VASCAR2; 08-27-2022, 12:47 PM.

Comment

• Harpoon1
          Chieftain
          • Dec 2017

Originally posted by StoneHendge View Post
          I have never had an ASC Grendel mag work. That includes multiple 10, 15 and 25 rounders.
          I guess I got lucky! Have half a dozen 10 rounders and they all work fine.

Comment

• Six5x39
            Warrior
            • Sep 2017

Originally posted by VASCAR2 View Post
            ASC mags are hit or miss on quality. When I bought my first 6.5 Grendel AR-15 C Products was the only magazine available. I bought one five, one ten, three fifteen and one twenty five round mags. I later bought four twenty five round ASC mags after ASC absorbed C Products. I also purchased one AA marked ASC twenty five round magazine. I had to adjust the feed lip on one twenty five round ASC mag as it failed to feed from the non ejection port side. After tweaking the feed lip all these magazines function.

I always recommend people buy 6.5 Grendel magazines from vendors who will take returns of defective magazines. All the different brands of 6.5 Grendel mags have suffered from lemons hitting the market. I currently have thirty one 6.5 Grendel mags and besides the one ASC mag I tweaked the feed lip I had trouble with one twenty four round E-Lander which failed to feed. The welds on the spine were rough where the follower was dragging. A few passes with a flat file fixed that E-Lander mag.

Basically two magazines out of 31 which needed adjustment to make them work. I only have two C Products Defense Duramag magazines which are twenty round capacity. D&H sell a ten round magazine which I have never used. I have never tried the ten round polymer Amend2 magazine.
            thanks ! this is awesome advise ! I hate to dic$ing with new magazines to work properly , but I guess we have no choice sometimes

Comment

• StoneHendge
              Chieftain
              • May 2016

Originally posted by Harpoon1 View Post
              I guess I got lucky! Have half a dozen 10 rounders and they all work fine.
              I bet Hornady bullets even fly straight for you!
              Let's go Brandon!

Comment

• richiecotite
                Unwashed
                • Feb 2019

Comment

• Harpoon1
                  Chieftain
                  • Dec 2017

Last edited by Harpoon1; 08-31-2022, 09:34 PM.

Comment

• HoustonHipster6.5
                    Bloodstained
                    • Feb 2021

All I use is the high-capacity ASC. Never had a single issue.

Comment

• StoneHendge
                      Chieftain
                      • May 2016

I have 3 or 4 fifteen rounders and 4 or 5 twenty-fives. They are packed away as I'm moving but I know where to find them. I didn't try to sell them because they don't feed properly. Maybe a fanboi can make an offer. Must be legal in your jurisdiction.

*The 25s are blems but don't look it. I have a bunch of ASC 20 rd .223 blems that looked great when purchased, but the coating has peeled.
                      Let's go Brandon!

Comment

• Honus
                        Unwashed
                        • Jul 2020

I'm glad I only bought one ASC. The E-Lander and the Amend2 work perfectly.

Comment

Working...
                        X