LW-15 complete polymer lower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LW-15 complete polymer lower

What do you all think about polymer lowers? A friend with an ffl has some lw-15 complete lowers with 6 position stock for 108 bucks. Good deal? I've never seen a polymer lower. Wary to buy something not metal. What are your thoughts?
  • tacticalk9

Yeah... I think think they are G2G.

Comment

I have a PlumCrazy poly lower on my Grendel atm and it is quite solid! the action break is silky smooth and has nice tight fit to my upper. I would not hesitate to buy another for my future Beowulf.

Comment

I sell them and I can tell you ALL my customers are delighted with them. The ONLY issue you will have is that your rifle will definitely become front-heavy

P.S. - LW-15 lowers are NOT Plum Crazy lowers. The guys at New Frontier Armory set out to make a significantly-improved lower (doesn't hurt that they also offer a lifetime warranry)

Comment

I just ordered one of the ones from New Frontier Armory a few days ago, it was $99.95 shipped. From what I have read (not tested yet) they are suppose to be an improvement over the Plum Crazy lowers. Check out joeboboutfitters.com for the $99.95 shipped...there is like a 60 day wait now though because of all the orders.

Comment

is there any way to add some lead shot to the buttstock of an adjustable stock to offset the front heaviness? Do you know if there is anything in the collapsible buttstock thats hollow you could pour some lead in and seal it up?

Comment

Yes, you can add weight if you have an A2 buttstock. not sure about any other buttstock.

Comment

i have an A2 buttstock currently, but the LW15 comes with a 6 position buttstock. I dont have one. So i was wondering if it is possible to add weight to a 6 position buttstock.

Comment

Originally posted by hydrotech View Post
                  is there any way to add some lead shot to the buttstock of an adjustable stock to offset the front heaviness? Do you know if there is anything in the collapsible buttstock thats hollow you could pour some lead in and seal it up?
                  Not enough to balance it. Seems like I recall some old aftermarket buffers having mercury, and Spike's has some with tungsten-but AFAIK, they were only marketed towards recoil reduction.

I guess if you had a UBR stock, you might get some weight in the storage compartment.
                  Last edited by Guest; 03-26-2012, 08:13 PM.

Comment

• leopard6.5

hydrotech: A six position buttstock like a Vltor Emod that has battery compartments down each side would allow you to add weight either by adding batteries in the compartments or adding lead weights in the compartments until it felt balanced.

Between that and a heavier buffer it should come out pretty ballanced.

Good luck.

Lee

Comment

With the option to buy a quality forged and Milspec hard-anodized 7075 T6 lower for $50, and a polymer lower for $100, it's an easy choice for me. If I was looking to built an ultra-light, however, this could be a great weight-savings approach.

Comment

That's why I grabbed one, really lightweight. Going to make a lightweight tactical 5.56, maybe even a .22 for plinking.

Comment

• RangerRick

Geez, one of these and a carbon fiber wrapped barrel and the thing will practically float!

RR

Comment

Where are you finding a complete forged lower W/buttstock for $50.00? The least expensive, complete, forged AR-15 lowers local to me are $299.00 + state fee.

I can't comment on the difference between the LW-15 and the Plum Crazy because I have not had my hands on an LW-15, but a little internet research has revealed that they are more similar than different; in the fact that they are both completely polymer except for the bolt catch, and the both utilize the exact same trigger components.
                            Last edited by Guest; 03-27-2012, 04:21 AM.

Comment

Hopefully mine ships from Joeboboutfitters soon. Demand is really high on these things.

Comment

Working...
                              X