• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • treillw
    Unwashed
    • Dec 2016

Precision Firearms Reviews - Custom AR15s

Anybody familiar with the work that Mark Hostetter does with Precision Firearms?

They make some very good looking ARs, use top quality barrels, and offer great accuracy guarantees. I'm thinking of having him build me an AR with a tactical upper and more of a match accuracy/long range upper.

Any experiences with him and/or his guns? Any other suggestions on a good AR gunsmith?

Thanks!

Custom AR-15 Type Rifles and Uppers. Specializing in 6.5 Grendel, 6.8 SPC, 308, 260 Remington, 243, and 5.56 or 223 Wylde Chambers. We build on the AR15 Type Action and AR10 or LR308 action. We use Barrels from Lilja, Bartlein, Hart, Kreiger, and Lothar Walther. Precision Firearms is an FFL licensed firearm manufacturer. We build custom, highly accurate, AR15 Rifles and Uppers for LE, competition, match, varmint, and sport applications.
  • topcaat1
    Bloodstained
    • Nov 2011

I have two PF Grendels. Outstanding quality and accurate. Would not hesitate to order from Mark again.

Comment

• Oso Polaris
      Warrior
      • Apr 2019

^^^Agree. There is a reason that PF keeps coming up as the first recommendation for precision barrels for AR platform on this forum as well as others. They do exceptional work. Buy once, cry once and then enjoy using it from the moment you receive it without any afterthoughts or regret.

Comment

• Stugotz
        Bloodstained
        • Dec 2019

I had Mark spin up my my current 6.5 Criterion barrel for my build. It shoots lights out. He did miss the delivery date he stated by 6 weeks though, and I was not aware until I had finished this build that I needed a 1mm shim installed on the gas block barrel shoulder (in order to get this rifle to fully cycle). I will once again state that this rifle is a shooter!
        Speed is Fine, Accuracy is final....but accurate hits at extremely high speed is final much faster.
        I don't think you understand, these boys killed my dog!
        Taking the gun off safe increases the velocity by 100%

Comment

• LR1955
          Super Moderator
          • Mar 2011

Originally posted by treillw View Post
          Anybody familiar with the work that Mark Hostetter does with Precision Firearms?

They make some very good looking ARs, use top quality barrels, and offer great accuracy guarantees. I'm thinking of having him build me an AR with a tactical upper and more of a match accuracy/long range upper.

Any experiences with him and/or his guns? Any other suggestions on a good AR gunsmith?

Thanks!

https://www.precisionfirearms.com/92.html
          TR:

You will find volumes of opinions here but you need to run a search.

LR55

Comment

• Mesa1978
            Warrior
            • May 2015

Of 4 Grendel uppers I have, 2 purchased and 2 self assembled - the PF is the most accurate. It took some time to get it, but was worth it.

Comment

• LRRPF52
              Super Moderator
              • Sep 2014

NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• CxAgent
                Unwashed
                • Nov 2016

You are making me want t0 put my 24" PF barrelled upper back on the rifle and head out to the range. Of course on a good day I typically shoot 1 to 1.25 MOA so not quite the same as you.

Comment

• SCJim
                  Warrior
                  • Apr 2019

Just ordered one of their barrels in 6 ARC. Got the Criterion barrel, no need for a Bartlein at this time since I am still learning gas gun shooting technique. I will be happy if I can stay under 1 MOA vertical spreads out to 800.

Comment

• LRRPF52
                    Super Moderator
                    • Sep 2014

Originally posted by SCJim View Post
                    Just ordered one of their barrels in 6 ARC. Got the Criterion barrel, no need for a Bartlein at this time since I am still learning gas gun shooting technique. I will be happy if I can stay under 1 MOA vertical spreads out to 800.
                    NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• Tvaughn
                      Unwashed
                      • Jan 2022

Comment

• Old Bob
                        Warrior
                        • Oct 2019

I'm more than happy with the items I've gotten from Mark at PF. I have an billet upper along with his BCG on my Grendel AR & a 6mmARC barrel on another AR.
                        I refuse to be victimized by notions of virtuous behavior.

Comment

• Mssony352
                          Unwashed
                          • Jan 2022

Comment

• DCC83501
                            Bloodstained
                            • Jun 2019

purchased a Lilja barrel from Mark and built upper with it. thing is a laser.

Comment

• Bigs28
                              Chieftain
                              • Feb 2016

I have a 12" krieger barrel from mark and have consistent 8 shot groups under .6 moa at 100 yards with my own loads. He does great work.

Comment

Working...
                              X