• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Drifter
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post

It won't help win a lot of customers making a comparison between the AR15 and Mini-14, but it would help by just focusing on what they do to make a Mini sing an accurate tune.
    I agree, but that propaganda probably helps with at least a portion of their potential Mini customers. For whatever reason, some Mini-14 fans (the vocal ones anyway) seem to have some sort of animosity towards the AR, like one must choose either one or the other. I don't get it, as I own and enjoy both.

Probably just marketing by ASI, as they also work with the AR platform:

Accuracy Systems builds an accurate AR15 Period! At Accuracy Systems we prefer the hands on approach to building your rifles.
    Drifter

Comment

Yeah, I've been following Accuracy Systems since 2002, maybe earlier. I like that they do extended gas systems on 26" barrel + for the AR10's.

Comment

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
        Lou400a,

Can you tell us about the accuracy of that blaster. I'm about to get a Mini-14 for a project rifle, and I'm thinking about a Grendel of course. Maybe I'll need to trade it or sell it for a Mini-30 action, but I would really like a solid-feeling, more traditional stock and receiver arrangement set-up like a heavy-barreled long-range gun.

Have you hand-loaded for it? Any idea about pushing the bolt thrust limitations further than the AR? I think everyone interested in the Mini would like to know as well. Thanks in advance.
        I'm out of town, but I'll look for some pix on my computer. I've only put one box of 120 gr NB factory ammo through the rifle since I've bought it five or six years ago to function test and its been sitting in the back of the safe. Sadly just can't find the time to shoot as much anymore. Its funny how that happens after you have twins and a job.
        It has a 20" barrel with 0.875 diameter if I remember correctly and it did shoot 5 round groups under and inch at 100 yards with a front rest and a sand bag. Its quite heavier than my ar and not as easily cleaned due to action design. The mini Grendel uses standard 7.62x39 bolt so I personally wouldn't load it hotter than factory loads.
        I didn't buy it to shoot long range or dump 30 round mags out of it or to tell people its better or more accurate than their AR's. I've had it build because it looked cool, its different, you don't see that many around and looks great sitting next to the Garand.
        Hopefully I'll have some time to try out my hand loads in few weeks for my Ar and run them through the mini as well. I'll post results, chrono data and mag function when done.
        If there's anybody in south FL that would like to meet and shoot at Markham or Trailglades send me a pm or email.

Comment

Working...
        X