• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nuclear Worker
    Unwashed
    • Nov 2020

Reloading for 2 AR pistols die questions

Me and my wife both use 6.5 pistols for hunting in the heavy cedar swamps for up close shooting for deer. For my 6.5x284 I use a Redding body die and a Lee neck collet die as it is for only one gun. Being that I will be reloading for 2 different weapons in the 6.5 Grendel I would have to full length size for the rounds to fit both guns? If I was to use Hornady brass in hers and Lapua brass in mine so that I could keep them separate then I could use the same procedure of Redding body die and Lee neck collet die correct? Or I could get a full length sizing die and resize them all the same? I would still have to keep them separate because the COAL would be different for each chamber and the jump off the lands could be different also correct? Speaking of jump off the lands what is typical for the 6.5 Grendel. Hope this makes sense what I am asking.
  • A5BLASTER
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2015

Just get a full length sizeing die and size the brass to fit the shorter of the 2 chambers.

As far as coal length your going to have too measure each chamber with the bullet you want to use. Noones data will be worthwhile for you, only your barrels can tell you what It will allow and what it likes.

Comment

• Happy2Shoot
      Warrior
      • Nov 2018

"heavy cedar swamps"

What do you think your longest shot would be? 75 yards?

I would just full length resize, and load the bullets to what your book tells you to load.

When I googled HCS this is what I saw.

Looks awesome.

Comment

• Nuclear Worker
        Unwashed
        • Nov 2020

Yes 75 yards is a long shot.

Comment

Working...
        X