• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Old Bob
    Warrior
    • Oct 2019

Originally posted by AlaskaGrendel View Post
    I have the spacer as well. I found it to be ever so slightly longer than it needed to be (in an ACE Skeleton stock) which impeded bolt locking back. Quick diagnosis and quick fix...grabbed a piece of sandpaper and ground down one end a bit. Just shorten it up until you have your desired clearance should you run into the problem. As for what weight... That's up to you. H is the same as your standard ar-15 buffer. H2 heavier, H3 heavier again. I know nothing of 6mm ARC so I got nothin' on that one. With 2 mid-length gas systems, I have used H and H2 with factory and my reloads. Both worked just fine. I prefer the H2. Feels like it cycles more crisp, maybe faster, and definitely changes the recoil impulse. No traditional buffer spring noise.
    What I was thinking: Get the H3 SRS & also buy their H & H2 replacement weights. I could switch weights around to see which works best without having to buy 3 different SRS units. Is the spacer polymer or aluminum?
    I refuse to be victimized by notions of virtuous behavior.

Comment

• PVBoom
      Warrior
      • Oct 2017

Midway has a anti sproing part.

Comment

• AlaskaGrendel
        Unwashed
        • Apr 2020

its polymer. Like that cutting board material - HDPE?

Comment

• PVBoom
          Warrior
          • Oct 2017

yeah, plastic

Comment

• Klem
            Chieftain
            • Aug 2013

Originally posted by PVBoom View Post
            This review of that product is interesting.

Great SPACER, not noise reducer

Whether this product reduces the "twang" noise or not, I have only ever bought these as a spacer to reduce the travel of the bolt carrier in the buffer tube. For proper ejection of spent shell casings, the front of the bolt face should rest about a 1/16 to 1/8 of an inch forward of the rear of the ejection port when the bolt/carrier is fully to the rear of the receiver. This ensures that the shells won't "stovepipe" jam by allowing them to properly strike the shell deflector when exiting the rifle. Proper spacing is evident when you can see strike marks on the upper part of the shell deflectlor. Improper spacing is evident when you can see shell ejection marks on the lower part of the shell deflector closest to the ejection port. The proper way to achieve this spacing of the bolt face to the ejection port, is to screw the buffer tube far enough into the receiver when first assembling the rifle. Some buffer tubes have extra material that will need to be filed or ground off to allow the buffer retaining pin to engage. Those of you who's bolt face/ejection port spacing is off, who either don't want to deal with disassembling your rifle, or for some reason can't disassemble your rifle, this spacer will work for you. A word of caution - To those who's bolt face/ejection port spacing is correct (particularly rifle-length buffer tubes and stocks tend not to have spacing issues), this spacer may not allow the bolt catch to engage on the last round. Check your spacing before you buy - if the bolt face travels past the rear of the ejection port when the charging handle is pulled fully to the rear, then you would probably benifit from this product. If you can see the front of the bolt just slightly forward of the rear of the ejection port when the charging handle is fully pulled back, then steer clear of this product. And this product is actually black in color, not white, like the picture

Comment

Working...
            X