Anyone try the Aero adjustable gas block?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SDW
    Warrior
    • Jul 2018

Here we go. Let's put the confusion to rest. To find this pic I just goggled "knurled set screws for gas block":

unnamed.jpg

Comment

• FarmerDave
      Bloodstained
      • May 2020

Originally posted by SDW View Post
      Here we go. Let's put the confusion to rest. To find this pic I just goggled "knurled set screws for gas block":

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16965[/ATTACH]
      This is what I think of when someone says knurled set screws.

Comment

• Old Bob
        Warrior
        • Oct 2019

Nifty! Looks like the way the knurling is cut, it would help prevent the set screw from backing out.
        I refuse to be victimized by notions of virtuous behavior.

Comment

• Mustangfreek
          Warrior
          • Jan 2020

That looks identical to the aero screws.

Comment

• Texcl2
            Warrior
            • Sep 2020

I ended up ordering one from safe space, they shipped it out the next day. Hopefully I will get to install it next week sometime and will write a review.

Comment

• peak98
              Warrior
              • Dec 2019

Ordered mine from AR15safespace.com two weeks ago and received it Tuesday. Im waiting on the Monster 12s to come back in stock. Looking for an upper parts kit as well.
              peak98

Comment

• Texcl2
                Warrior
                • Sep 2020

Cdnn has upper lots for $19 in stock.

Comment

• SDW
                  Warrior
                  • Jul 2018

Originally posted by Texcl2 View Post
                  Cdnn has upper lots for $19 in stock.
                  "Upper lots"??

Comment

• Texcl2
                    Warrior
                    • Sep 2020

I received my aero gas block yesterday, safe space shipping the next day after ordering it! They are good to go but are out of stock now. Anyways Installed I yesterday, I had to cut off the old gas block, (I shoot this rifle almost everyday)had some major cleaning of carbon deposits off the barrel and bird cage. This gas block was the perfect tightness l, it took a tap of a plastic hammer to get it in place but was easily removed with a light tap of the mallet. The nitride treatment seems well done and very slick, there are a couple of machining marks on her but nothing alarming. The click stops are nice and crisp and it even came with a spare detent in case you lose the original. Will test it out and adjust it this afternoon after work.

Pardon the dark pictures.

Comment

• montana
                      Chieftain
                      • Jun 2011

I received my aero gas block yesterday, safe space shipping the next day after ordering it! They are good to go but are out of stock now. Anyways Installed I yesterday, I had to cut off the old gas block, (I shoot this rifle almost everyday)had some major cleaning of carbon deposits off the barrel and bird cage. This gas block was the perfect tightness l, it took a tap of a plastic hammer to get it in place but was easily removed with a light tap of the mallet. The nitride treatment seems well done and very slick, there are a couple of machining marks on her but nothing alarming. The click stops are nice and crisp and it even came with a spare detent in case you lose the original. Will test it out and adjust it this afternoon after work.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/hS7oGFtU1FSrgzATA
                      Why did you have to cut the old gas block off??

Comment

• Texcl2
                        Warrior
                        • Sep 2020

The old $10 block was not that tight at the port and carboned up the bolts, they stripped out.

Comment

• SDW
                          Warrior
                          • Jul 2018

https://photos.app.goo.gl/hS7oGFtU1FSrgzATA
                          Hey Texcl2, would you (or anyone else?) mind measuring the thickness of your Aero GB a the very bottom? i.e. the thickness at the 6 o'clock position? I'd like to know if it'll fit in my Centurion Arms Handguard.

For comparison, I tried a spare Troy low-pro gas block in my handguard. Thickness at the bottom is 0.21" give or take. It's just barely thin enough to provide a margin of error. I have a BCM GB, which is about 0.20" thick at the bottom. If the Aero adjustable is in that ballpark, that should be good for me.
                          Last edited by SDW; 11-01-2020, 05:25 PM.

Comment

• Texcl2
                            Warrior
                            • Sep 2020

Hey Texcl2, would you (or anyone else?) mind measuring the thickness of your Aero GB a the very bottom? i.e. the thickness at the 6 o'clock position? I'd like to know if it'll fit in my Centurion Arms Handguard.

For comparison, I tried a spare Troy low-pro gas block in my handguard. Thickness at the bottom is 0.21" give or take. It's just barely thin enough to provide a margin of error. I have a BCM GB, which is about 0.20" thick at the bottom. If the Aero adjustable is in that ballpark, that should be good for me.

Comment

• Old Bob
                              Warrior
                              • Oct 2019

I just received a new Aero adjustable GB. At 6 O'clock on the GB it is .189" thick. Hope that helps...
                              Last edited by Old Bob; 11-03-2020, 09:12 PM. Reason: correct spelling :-p
                              I refuse to be victimized by notions of virtuous behavior.

Comment

• SDW
                                Warrior
                                • Jul 2018

Originally posted by Old Bob View Post
                                I just received a new Aero adjustable GB. At 6 O'clock on the GB it is .189" thick. Hope that helps...
                                Thanks. Yes it does help. That would provide plenty of clearance.

Now if my Aero gas block would every arrive. I ordered mine through Optics Planet because of the $48 price and free shipping. However, expected shipping seems to be stuck at a perpetual "12-20 days". So out of frustration, I just went ahead and ordered my go-to basic GB, a BCM, yesterday. It was in stock and has in fact has already shipped.

I don't actually NEED an adjustable for my 16" Monster barrel upper; no suppressors allowed where I live. Just thought it would be a fun thing to experiment with for the price they offered. Oh will. Guess I'll cancel the Aero GB order.

Comment

Working...
                                X