Anyone try the Aero adjustable gas block?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Texcl2
    Warrior
    • Sep 2020

Anyone try the Aero adjustable gas block?

My Grendel is a little over gassed (as most are) and was looking at the aero precision low profile adjustable gas block. Looks well made and will fit in my slim forearm. Anyone have experience with this?
  • A5BLASTER
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2015

I haven't tryed it nor do I remember seeing anyone post anywhere about trying.

You could add a lil weight to the buffer or a stronger spring to eat up that extra gas.

Me personally I prefer SLR gas blocks, lowmass bcg and jp scs setup, makes for well gassed smooth shooting gun even in a 12.5 pistol form.

Comment

• PVBoom
      Warrior
      • Oct 2017

For a low profile AGB I went with Seekins.

Comment

• montana
        Chieftain
        • Jun 2011

Any adj gas block needs to have the adjustment screw turned in and out after any amount of use to break up the carbon. The adj screw will get carbon locked if a person fails to do any form of maintenance on them. My brother had an older Syrac adj gas block carbon up and wouldn't function with some lower powered ammunition. I got it to loosen up after soaking it in Kroil penetrating oil for about a week. I prefer the SLR adj gas blocks https://slrrifleworks.com/sentry-7-s...ble-gas-block/ They are easy to disassemble, if service is needed.

Comment

• Texcl2
          Warrior
          • Sep 2020

These aero gas blocks are supposed to be easy to clean. I ordered one but looks like it is on back order ( like everything AR related).

Comment

• montana
            Chieftain
            • Jun 2011

Wilson has come out with one that is suppose to eliminate carbon lock. I have never tried one, but it looks promising.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jl8WboLKLNU

Comment

• AZHTfreak
              Warrior
              • Jan 2017

Not an issue with Superlative Arms AGB design...
              DOJ+FBI+IRS+AFT=NKVD. Joe Stalin and Lavrentiy Pavlovich Beria are tap dancing in hell right now...

Comment

• Growler
                Warrior
                • Jan 2019

Comment

• danm
                  Warrior
                  • Aug 2014

Originally posted by AZHTfreak View Post
                  Not an issue with Superlative Arms AGB design...
                  Agreed that's what I use and no carbon seize...

Comment

• Texcl2
                    Warrior
                    • Sep 2020

Comment

• montana
                      Chieftain
                      • Jun 2011

If using a rifle with an adjustable gas block is shot enough times without adjusting the screw," it will carbon up" so adjustment is no longer possible. The gas setting will remain the same as the original adjustment. I turn the adjustment screw all the way in and out, after shooting my rifle. I will also add a little kroil oil to the adjustment screw, after cleaning my barrel. If an adjustable gas block adjustment screw is never moved, it will eventually carbon up. After a lot of use, "the tip of the adjustable screw will eventually burn down" but is of no concern since it can be further screwed in to make adjustment. SLR adjustable gas blocks are easy to disassemble and replace parts if needed.
                      Last edited by montana; 10-04-2020, 02:23 AM.

Comment

• StoneHendge
                        Chieftain
                        • May 2016

This is what I love about the internet. 10 responses and not one answer to the question.
                        Let's go Brandon!

Comment

• A5BLASTER
                          Chieftain
                          • Mar 2015

Originally posted by StoneHendge View Post
                          This is what I love about the internet. 10 responses and not one answer to the question.
                          And yours makes 11 responses lol.

Comment

• StoneHendge
                            Chieftain
                            • May 2016

I was actually interested to see if there was an answer. Aero generally makes a good product for the price. Sometimes there are misses, but sometimes they make a product where I wouldn't even think about buying something different.
                            Let's go Brandon!

Comment

• montana
                              Chieftain
                              • Jun 2011

Originally posted by StoneHendge View Post
                              I was actually interested to see if there was an answer. Aero generally makes a good product for the price. Sometimes there are misses, but sometimes they make a product where I wouldn't even think about buying something different.
                              Apparently no one has used one. Here is a review. https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...ero-precision/

Comment

Working...
                              X