• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bret
    Unwashed
    • Mar 2017

6.5 Grendel chambered Polish AKM

It's not home yet, but Two Rivers Arms in Oklahoma just put together a mostly Polish AK for me chambered in 6.5 Grendel.

The magazines were made by Csspecs, it has a Childers receiver and the barrel was from a group buy on the akfiles.
  • A5BLASTER
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2015

Looks good, congrats on the new grendel sir.

Comment

• mtnlvr
      Warrior
      • Feb 2019

Me likey.

Comment

• VASCAR2
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2011

Comment

• Bret
          Unwashed
          • Mar 2017

Thanks. That does sound like a good idea. Right now I only have the steel cased Wolf Military Classic. I'll have to get some brass cases and start reloading.

Comment

• Bret
            Unwashed
            • Mar 2017

It showed up today. Here are before and after pictures.

Since the bolt was Polish, it came with a serial number already on it. I had Childers make the receiver with the same serial number plus my initials at the front. Two Rivers Arms engraved the date and same full serial number on the front trunnion, engraved the serial number on the carrier, engraved the serial number on the rear of the top cover and engraved 6.5 Grendel on the receiver.

Comment

• Kswhitetails
              Chieftain
              • Oct 2016

Originally posted by Bret View Post
              It showed up today.

Since the bolt was Polish, it came with a serial number already on it. I had Childers make the receiver with the same serial number plus my initials at the front. Two Rivers Arms engraved the date and same full serial number on the front trunnion, engraved the serial number on the carrier, engraved the serial number on the rear of the top cover and engraved 6.5 Grendel on the receiver.
              Slick! And gorgeous. Now, what're you gonna do when you need a spare part and it's not serialized? :O
              Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.

Comment

• Bret
                Unwashed
                • Mar 2017

If it's one of the parts that's currently serialized, buy it and have it engraved with the serial number. The only part on an AK that really needs to be serialized to the receiver & front trunnion is the bolt because it's headspaced during the build, but the carrier and top cover are typically done as well because they can be easily mixed up.

Comment

• sqeezeatrigger
                  Bloodstained
                  • Dec 2016

Sweet looking bang stick you have there! What was the cost if you don't mind saying? I'm mostly Polish (no jokes jokers!) so maybe you can send it to me to play with, I'll even supply my own ammo!

Comment

• Bret
                    Unwashed
                    • Mar 2017

I think that I'm in to it about $1600 including the build by Two Rivers Arms.

Comment

Working...
                    X