• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dammitman
    Warrior
    • Dec 2012

barrel best precision life expectancy explained,,,,,

so barrels are made and shot and used and properly broke in and not properly broke in and shot hard and fast and never cleaned and shot slow and 5 times a year and so on and so on,,,,,so what is the life of a barrel giving best performance with unlimited funds and and the same with normal funds and just needing buck killing performance and just shooting paper at 300 yard performance but wanting 1/2 MOA and so on and so on? barrel life by barrel maker and type of barrel,,,that is the question. please only actual human usage information is needed not guesses by folks who really never shoot much at all,,,,you know who you are,,,
  • mel
    Chieftain
    • Nov 2019

Originally posted by dammitman View Post
    so barrels are made and shot and used and properly broke in and not properly broke in and shot hard and fast and never cleaned and shot slow and 5 times a year and so on and so on,,,,,so what is the life of a barrel giving best performance with unlimited funds and and the same with normal funds and just needing buck killing performance and just shooting paper at 300 yard performance but wanting 1/2 MOA and so on and so on? barrel life by barrel maker and type of barrel,,,that is the question. please only actual human usage information is needed not guesses by folks who really never shoot much at all,,,,you know who you are,,,

i have prolly 1,200+ rounds down my wilson 20" recon and it still shoots .3-.5 5 rd groups , and im not easy on mine , ive cleaned my barrel 4x since i got it , cleaning it a lil more often now that im running it supressed though, not one person ive seen with a wilson has had an accuracy compliant

Comment

• A5BLASTER
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2015

4 alexander arms 16 inch fluted 16 inch barrel died in the 13 to 15 thousand round count range and all of them held just under to 1 moa up till the 9 thousand round mark.

120 gold dot handload was used to test for groups. Wolf fmj's was for high volume testing.

Comment

• biodsl
        Chieftain
        • Aug 2011

Originally posted by A5BLASTER View Post
        4 alexander arms 16 inch fluted 16 inch barrel died in the 13 to 15 thousand round count range and all of them held just under to 1 moa up till the 9 thousand round mark.
        Given that life, my great grandchildren will likely take deer with my AA barrel.
        Paul Peloquin

Did government credibility die of Covid or with Covid?

Comment

• kmon
          Chieftain
          • Feb 2015

If you shoot out a Grendel barrel you have shot more than most will shoot their Grendels. Most rifles are like that in reality.

Comment

• StoneHendge
            Chieftain
            • May 2016

Depends on how far away the buck is
            Let's go Brandon!

Comment

Working...
            X