• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DeanD
    Bloodstained
    • Feb 2017

Bushmaster "Competition" trigger

Picked up one of these from CDNN, coated all over with something sort of bronze/brown colored, very slick like teflon. Gives an awesome smooth trigger pull, so good I ordered two more. Anyone know what the coating is? Have searched the internet, posted on AR15.com, called CDNN, nobody knows.
  • mtnlvr
    Warrior
    • Feb 2019

Not sure what the coating is, but to clarify, are you just talking about the trigger itself or their 2-stage competition trigger kit (fire control group)?

Comment

• DeanD
      Bloodstained
      • Feb 2017

Just the trigger itself, not the 2-stage fire control group. Just wondering if this trigger came out of that kit, looks like a standard trigger but has a slick, brown/bronze colored coating.

Comment

• Texas
        Chieftain
        • Jun 2016

I believe the coating is nickel boride.

Comment

• DeanD
          Bloodstained
          • Feb 2017

Don't know what that is. Posted on AR15.com and figured someone over there would know for sure but no response. Gave a really nice trigger pull in my 6.5 Grendel with Mil-Spec hammer with sear surface polished and JP Enterprises red hammer spring, gold trigger spring.

Comment

• Red*Lion
            Warrior
            • Apr 2020

I believe that the coating is called DLC or "Diamond Like Coating." PSA offers a few premium BCG that are coated with it. I have one and it works very well.

Comment

• DeanD
              Bloodstained
              • Feb 2017

Bravo Company USA has a trigger group that is plated with teflon imbedded in nickel. Don't think this is nickel for sure but it certainly seems to have teflon in it. Probably a number of coatings out there. Regardless of what kind of teflon coating it is it is a bargain for $18 at CDNN. I was so pleased with it that I ordered three more. Combined with a standard hammer with the engagement surface polished and the sharp edges removed it gives an awesome clean, no-creep trigger pull.

Comment

Working...
              X