So I'm switching up my 6.5 grendel set up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I'm switching up my 6.5 grendel set up

I'm getting a real set up, 24" bulll barrel, free float should work great. First I've read of a few places that bed in the barrel with loctite into the upper reciever? WTF? I don't see a need for that, this is a install once leave alone build so does that make sense to do?

Next any idea what to sell a 10.5" barrel and bolt with a 1100 degree solder attached flash hider to make it a legal 16" cause I have one and no use for it at all.
  • MrSurgicalPrecision

I bed my barrels. It just eliminates the possibility of any movement when firing. It's not entirely necessary but it's a good idea if you're trying to ring out all the accuracy you can from it.

Comment

well I was thinking it couldn't hurt, can someone give me a rundown on how to bed them? Never did that one before.

Comment

There's no need for bedding the barrel. If the upper receiver and barrel are both machined to the proper spec, then they should slide together a little snug. If torqued proper, it's not going to move. That is it's not going to move as much as torquing a steel barrel to an aluminum part will allow. The bedding isn't actually going to do much. I would say it can't hurt ...... but it makes changing the barrel a mother and that's what an AR was designed for.

Comment

• txgunner00
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2011

Is your 10.5" barrel a 6.5g? If so, I'm interested.
          NRA life, GOA life, SAF, and TSRA

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

George Mason, co-author, 2nd Amendment.

Comment

gunner you have a pm with my phone number

Comment

Working...
            X