• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BjornF16
    Chieftain
    • Jun 2011

AA 28" GSR performance question

Does anyone have the AA 28" GSR (5S fluted)?

I'm looking for feedback on performance...
    LIFE member: NRA, TSRA, SAF, GOA
    Defend the Constitution and our 2A Rights!
  • bwaites
    • Mar 2011

In a word: Awesome.

Here's one of the groups I shot in the first 50 rounds through it. 107 SMK over XBR 8208, 5 shot group is right at .21"

All the groups from that load were sub .50"

Comment

• BjornF16
      Chieftain
      • Jun 2011

When did you get your rig? I'm wondering if there is a different supplier now or if they still have some of those in stock...

How much improvement in velocity over 24" barrel?
      Last edited by BjornF16; 01-15-2012, 08:52 PM.
      LIFE member: NRA, TSRA, SAF, GOA
      Defend the Constitution and our 2A Rights!

Comment

• bwaites
        • Mar 2011

I've had it since April last year.

Barrel supplier has changed, but the new barrels are every bit as good, with QC probably even better than before. The 28" barrels aren't a high demand item, so I'm not sure exactly which will be supplied at this point. I can promise that they will shoot though! Bill Alexander recognizes that anyone ordering that long cut barrel has one specific object in mind, long range accuracy, so I suspect that those barrels probably get extra scrutinization,

Velocity depends on bullet and load, but with factory Hornady, (which shoots crazy good for factory ammo) I picked up a little more than 100 FPS over expected 24" velocity. I shot 5X at 1000 yards in some wind with mine, at an F Class match, the first time I ever shot it past 600 yards.

Comment

Working...
        X