X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hansel&Grendel
    Bloodstained
    • Mar 2017

Noveske KX5 Flash Suppressor - Compatibility with Superlative Arms Gas Block

I built a 6.5G SBR 11.5" Criterion barrel that uses a SLR adjustable gas block and a KVP linear comp. Shoots great, recoil is quite manageable and flame is negligible to nonexistent.

Just finished a build of an AR Pistol 11" KAK value barrel in 7.62x39 with a Superlative Arms bleed-off adjustable gas block. I set the gas block to where it cycles flawlessly with Wolf 7.62x39 Performance 123gr HP. Recoil is easy to manage. However, it puts out a bit of flame using a KVP linear comp, 5/8x24 thread.

My questions are will a Noveske KX5 Flash Suppressor tame the flame and mitigate side concussion with the KAK 11" barrel; and how well will it perform with the Superlative Arms bleed-off adjustable gas block given that the Noveske creates additional back pressure? If compatibility isn't an issue, is it likely that the SA gas block will have to be readjusted?

Not sure if I should have stuck with the SLR adjustable gas block for both builds, if that makes a difference between a SBR in 6.5G vs a SBR in AR 7.62x39.

AR47-Resize.jpg
  • A5BLASTER
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2015

Put it on and try it. Adjust gas if need be. If it don't work you can sell the flash can easy enough.

Comment

• Hansel&Grendel
      Bloodstained
      • Mar 2017

This is just a 3-day old build. The flash was indeed noticeable with the KVP linear comp while bench rested to set zero. However, shooting now while standing after zeroing, the flash wasn't even noticeable. This was all done at an indoor range that has a dark backstop and dark side walls. I suppose that shooting bench rested made me more sensitive to the flash. I may just stick with the KVP linear comp since it definitely redirects the muzzle gasses (blast) forward and recoil is quite manageable. The price point difference is about $67. Lastly, the Noveske is 1.25" longer and 1.6 oz. heavier and tends to defeat the purpose for the build (more so the extra length).

Comment

Working...
      X