• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Greengo10
    Bloodstained
    • Aug 2018

20" Monster Group Buy Barrel

I was fortunate to pick up a 20" group buy barrel second hand, and was able to take it out to the range this past weekend.
    The ammo I used were 90gr Speer TNTs loaded over 32.5gr of shooters world match rifle (SWMR) (practically the same as AA2520) and WSR Primers with COAL of 2.215", that I typically use for plinking, and had some 130 RDFs loaded up to test and 123 ELDMs as well.
    The TNTs shot really well, for a plinking load in my opinion: 5 shot group in 1.15" at 100 Yds (It would have been sub .5" if I was a better shot haha).
    IMG_1083.JPG

The RDFs were loaded at the same powder charge, as I was trying to see if/how the OAL would affect accuracy/precision for the round... Jury is still out as of right now. They were loaded with 29.0gr SWMR and BR-4 primers, and OALs of 2.26" (top Left), 2.27" (Top Center), 2.28" (Top Right) and 2.29" (Middle Left).
    The 123 ELDMs were loaded with SWMR & BR-4 primers as well, starting at 29.0gr and maxing at 30.2gr (.3 grain increments), loaded at 2.25"
    IMG_1110.JPG

I was not fortunate enough to get chrono data for these loads in this barrel but I chrono'd the TNTs in another barrel and they were traveling ~2660fps.

So far, the TNTs will continue to be my go to plinking load, and I will likely settle somewhere around 29.3gr of SWMR on the ELDMs. Might do a little digging in the 2.27" OAL for the RDFs as well to see if i can find a powder charge that it likes in this barrel.

and for those who are wondering here are my 2 Monster builds... both have been a blast!!!!!
    IMG_1080 (1).jpg
    Last edited by Greengo10; 03-30-2019, 06:05 PM.
Working...
X