• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sinclair
    Warrior
    • Feb 2018

Dumb Question of the Week!

On a Mil Spec Std AR15 w/ 20" barrel and an A2 flash suppressor, what is the measurement from the flash suppressor to the gas block? In other words how much barrel sticks out in front of the gas block minus the A2 flash suppressor.
    "A Patriot must always be ready to defend his Country against his government"
    Edward Abbey

"Stay out of trouble, Never give up, Never give in, Watch you're six, Hold the line, Stay Frosty."
    Dr. Sabastian Gorka, Hungarian by birth, American Patriot by Beliefs.
  • Bigs28
    Chieftain
    • Feb 2016

What gas system do you have? Mid or rifle?

Comment

• Sinclair
      Warrior
      • Feb 2018

Rifle, I assume, it is not mine belongs to a friend, only seen it once. A friend of his put it together from his spare parts box. Would like to make him an accessory gift for it.
      Edward Abbey

"Stay out of trouble, Never give up, Never give in, Watch you're six, Hold the line, Stay Frosty."

Comment

• Nodak
        Warrior
        • Nov 2016

Not a dumb question at all but the answer is you'd better measure it 1st. Being a "spare parts" gun it's better to be sure. Better yet just ask the dude that built it. He might remember what length system.

Comment

• Sinclair
          Warrior
          • Feb 2018

O.K. Just thought someone might venture a WAEG. Thanks anyway. It is going to be a scope cover, saw one on e-bay, looked simple enough.
          Edward Abbey

Comment

• Jeepster18_88
            Warrior
            • Feb 2019

The gas block is part of the A2 front sight and there's 5 7/8" between that and the flash hider on mine. Not sure if it makes a difference but the washer is included in the length which is about 3/16". That's on the top of the barrel but the bayonet lug is underneath and there's 4 9/16" between the lug and the flash hider. I only have one to measure so it might vary slightly with others. Hope it helps.

Comment

• Jeepster18_88
              Warrior
              • Feb 2019

This is an actual A2 with 20" barrel and rifle gas length system. Obviously it would be different for anything other than an actual A2.

Comment

• Sinclair
                Warrior
                • Feb 2018

Originally posted by Jeepster18_88 View Post
                This is an actual A2 with 20" barrel and rifle gas length system. Obviously it would be different for anything other than an actual A2.
                Thank you for the info. I am thinking that the barrel and Flash hider are std A2. The barrel has about an inch of unpainted area just forward of the gas block and he said that it was a $300 barrel. I think that I know the difference between an A1 and an A2, maybe, could be wrong? He plans on shooting coyotes out of an up stair bedroom window over looking a creek that the coyotes use to sneak up on his chicken house. He gave up on trying to raise rabbits and pigs. The price one pays for living where you can drink your morning coffee while sitting on your front porch in your skivvies!
                Edward Abbey

Comment

• lazyengineer
                  Chieftain
                  • Feb 2019

Nominally about 4". a 16" Middy is the same, and a bayonet will fit on both. A Bayonet won't fit right on a 16" with carbine gas system.
                  4x P100

Comment

Working...
                  X