X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jeepster18_88
    Warrior
    • Feb 2019

Thanks for that info about the 223. I bought tons after I tried it in the x39 and saw no reason to try anything else after the results I've gotten. I never thought about using it in the 223 and was wanting a multi purpose powder that worked for multiple cartridges. I will give it some thought and least. As for BCA, I haven't heard back from them yet so I will email them again, but I'm looking at different barrel options too because I was planning on a family build for my dad and brothers soon.

Comment

• Warlock
      Bloodstained
      • Dec 2018

I have been having the same issues with my 20" heavy barrel BCA upper. The darn thing will not shoot 129gn SSTs.

It will shoot the Hornady bulk I bought from Sportsmans, it will shoot my hand loaded 130gn RDFs, it will shoot my 123gn CC hand loads but it will not shoot the 129 SSTs.

I have tried different powders using a ladder load up, I have tried seating depth(as much as I can with mag length issues) and I just can't get them to shoot.

I have had wonderful results with H4895 underneath the Nosler bullets, I have decent results with CFE223, I have decent results with Power Pro Varmint, but I can't get decent results with the 129gn SST.

I don't wish bad on anybody but I am a little relieved to read I'm not the only one have teething issues with the SST.
      You only think you're alone

Comment

• 1Shot
        Warrior
        • Feb 2018

Jeepster you need to call BCA. I don't think they ever look at their email. Call them and ask for the warrantee person. She will tell you what you need to do to get your upper fixed. I have been through all this and learned the ropes.

Comment

• CaptnC
          Warrior
          • May 2018

Originally posted by Jeepster18_88 View Post
          CaptnC, I wasn't real impressed with my reloads in 7.62x39 until I tried Reloder 7. Instantly, all the bullets that wouldn't group began shooting great. It didn't matter the charge, it didn't matter the bullet, everything between .308 and .310 between 100 and 150 gr, it just worked. I don't have my load data but Alliant has a load to base it off of and so does several other manufacturers. If you have any trouble, try Reloder 7.
          Thanks for the tip! I will give it a try in my 7.62X39 AR.

Comment

Working...
          X