• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dsmless
    Bloodstained
    • Nov 2018

Radical arms 20" upper range report

Had a chance to resight in my scope at the local range after a mishap that got it all out of zero. Pretty happy with the results. Shot at 50yds then took it out to 200yds which is were my zero will be set at. Pretty easy to shoot and adjust the scope to desired impact. Ammo is Hornady American gunner 123g BTHP , scope is a Leupold VX-3I 4.5-14X40. Lower is a 80% lower home milled kit.
  • Javman
    Warrior
    • Jan 2016

So what were your results?

Comment

• dsmless
      Bloodstained
      • Nov 2018

35EB9EB8-3574-4686-B7AC-DBC8006CBCAB.jpeg

This is the initial 50yrd zeroing

Comment

• dsmless
        Bloodstained
        • Nov 2018

Heres the 200yds 3 shot groups. Final is the 3 shot group were I ran out of 6.5 ammo. (Thought I hand grabbed more out of the box) 05A12C90-0C58-4271-AB01-750B477456A2.jpeg3CE69E43-DAE0-4960-8B8D-8E96B9539F79.jpeg

Comment

• Javman
          Warrior
          • Jan 2016

So your getting initial good groups with the first 3 and opening up as you go for a 6 shot string? If so, those first 3 then are nice at 200yds.

Went to the local GS today and they had the Radical uppers for sale and they were asking $600 for the 18"er. Or $1,300 for the complete rig which I thought was a bit high.

Keep us posted as the barrel breaks in.

Comment

• dsmless
            Bloodstained
            • Nov 2018

The last 3 shot group circled 3 was the last shots fired. If you look the 1 circle shot group was high and right, the 2 circle shot group was still high and right the last 3 circle shot group was pretty dead one bullseye. I would shoot a couple shots / verify with spotting scope and adjust my scope as needed.
            The fliers are due to a trigger double fire issue Im experiencing as Im setting/ adjusting the take up inner screw trying to find the right spot for it. Hopefully I can make it out again and see what my groups are once more soon.

Comment

• windgates
              Unwashed
              • Jan 2016

Originally posted by Javman View Post
              So your getting initial good groups with the first 3 and opening up as you go for a 6 shot string? If so, those first 3 then are nice at 200yds.

Went to the local GS today and they had the Radical uppers for sale and they were asking $600 for the 18"er. Or $1,300 for the complete rig which I thought was a bit high.

Keep us posted as the barrel breaks in.
              Javman, Don't do it. Those prices from your local GS are high. Presently, Primary Arms has the complete rifles, type II, in both 20" and 24" for $ 785 !

Comment

• Jeepster18_88
                Warrior
                • Feb 2019

The cheapest place to get Radical Firearms stuff is directly from them in my experience, but you better have a bit of patience. In the end, it was worth the wait for me and I couldn't be happier with the two 7.62x39 uppers that they built for me. I used on of their lower parts kits and was not impressed at all. The trigger isn't as good as the one from DPMS and they sent a grip screw that is too long to tighten with the grip that was in the kit. I don't think I will buy a complete build from them unless I can actually put my hands on it to see if they've improved some of the lower stuff, but I would gladly buy their uppers again.

Comment

• Wanderson
                  Warrior
                  • Oct 2018

They got a bad rep over at ARFCOM for uppers with loose barrel extensions four or five years ago.

About three years ago I took a chance on their 7.62x39 10” upper for super cheap from AIM Surplus. It’s been a great shooter. Good accuracy, reliable, no issues.

But I’m surprised at the prices I sometimes see Radical Firearms sell for, considering their reputation. And I’ve read some REALLY bad stories regarding their customer service.

Comment

• Javman
                    Warrior
                    • Jan 2016

Originally posted by windgates View Post
                    Javman, Don't do it. Those prices from your local GS are high. Presently, Primary Arms has the complete rifles, type II, in both 20" and 24" for $ 785 !
                    Oh I didn't lol. Got my Monster 20" and it's looking good so far. Our local gunshows are over priced due to location. I'd never pay that!

Comment

• Hollis
                      Warrior
                      • Mar 2019

I don't want to stray off topic of 6.5 Grendel, but I have a full AR from Radical Firearms with 7.62x39 upper (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yXp38pPB10). This was my first AR and I really love it. I was able to go out to 400 yards and hit metal target with consistency (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8JY79gdS8Y&t=1102s). Radical Firearms has treated me great whenever I have any issues going beyond what you would expect from a warranty. They are really great folks there from my experience.

I recently decided to get a 6.5 Grendel upper for my Radical Firearms lower (hence joining this forum). I wanted to get an RF upper, but it was beyond my price range. I decided to go lowball with Bear Creek Arsenal. I've heard really good things and really bad things about BCA. I hope I'm one of the fortunate ones that ends up happy!

Comment

• dsmless
                        Bloodstained
                        • Nov 2018

Bringing this back up, had time and took my nephew out shooting getting him ready for a hunt this fall, New to shooting/hunting so actually pretty happy with the shots. This is all with 123g lucky gunner ammo

Comment

• dsmless
                          Bloodstained
                          • Nov 2018

Bringing this back up, had time and took my nephew out shooting getting him ready for a hunt this fall, New to shooting/hunting so actually pretty happy with the shots. This is all with 123g lucky gunner ammo. Fist pic is 200yds, the second is 300 which took some dialing in then its just the shooter

Comment

• dsmless
                            Bloodstained
                            • Nov 2018

225EEEED-395A-458D-9640-FC41A77AB041.jpeg822A6DF5-9085-4D46-BB4F-44B1CC301D5B.jpeg

Heres the pics, not sure why they come out sideways

Comment

• FLshooter
                              Chieftain
                              • Jun 2019

Last edited by FLshooter; 07-15-2019, 11:49 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X