• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Belt Fed
    Bloodstained
    • Feb 2019

ASC magazines

I ordered three of them a few days ago to try out. the 15 rounders lock up good and look decent. the 26 or 28(can't remember) is sloppy made and won't even slide in the magwell. you can see it's welded crooked on both ends. i'd send it back but it would cost as much to send it as I paid for it. won't be buying anymore ASC large capacity mags.

• 204 AR
    Warrior
    • Sep 2015

Wow that's pretty sad qc.

Comment

• VASCAR2
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2011

You might contact ASC directly. They have taken care of a couple forum members in the past on some of their bad mags. The full size magazine hold 24 rounds of 6.5 Grendel. My fifteen round mags hold 14. ASC counts the chambered round on their advertised capacities.

The sheet metal on ASC mags is not real strong and the feed lips can be bent pretty easily. I haven’t purchased any ASC mags since E-Lander came on the market. When AA sold rebranded ASC mags it was reported AA examined every mag prior to sale trying to ensure quality.

Comment

• Belt Fed
        Bloodstained
        • Feb 2019

Originally posted by VASCAR2 View Post
        You might contact ASC directly. They have taken care of a couple forum members in the past on some of their bad mags. The full size magazine hold 24 rounds of 6.5 Grendel. My fifteen round mags hold 14. ASC counts the chambered round on their advertised capacities.

The sheet metal on ASC mags is not real strong and the feed lips can be bent pretty easily. I haven’t purchased any ASC mags since E-Lander came on the market. When AA sold rebranded ASC mags it was reported AA examined every mag prior to sale trying to ensure quality.
        Thanks, I did send them a message this morning. I had ordered them before someone here found some CPD mags. You can find the larger CPD mags everywhere, but the 15 rounders are scarce. I want the 15's to hunt with and thought i'd try one of their larger mags. if the 15 rounds don't feed i'll order some CPD mags. you are right about the metal being thin and flimsy. May even get the E landers and probably some amend 2 mags when they come out. I have a few of their 5.56 mags and the work fine.

Comment

• Belt Fed
          Bloodstained
          • Feb 2019

I also have three of these on the way for a 224 Valkyrie, I hope their not messed up. supposed to be here today.

Comment

• Belt Fed
            Bloodstained
            • Feb 2019

I just got an E mail back from them, more or less told me to contact the people I bought it from. and then tried to sell me more of them.lol I may or may not contact the distributor. it's just one mag.

Comment

• Growler
              Warrior
              • Jan 2019

Process hiccups can be fixed in short order.
              Repairing integrity and reputation is much more difficult.

Thanks for the report.

Comment

• Belt Fed
                Bloodstained
                • Feb 2019

Well I was warned not to buy them so it's all on me. hopefully the 15's will function. like I said it's only one mag. nothing to get serious over. I just wanted to let ASC know what they have sent out to sell. I tried to put it in 5 different AR's with no luck. now I may have got the only one they made that was bad. you just never know.

Comment

• Belt Fed
                  Bloodstained
                  • Feb 2019

Just got another email from ASC, they said they would contact the distributor and tell them they had a bad batch. and they should send me a free return envelope. I don't blame the distributor. they couldn't see it was bad cause it was wrapped in a factory package with printing all over it. My deal is why can't ASC take responsibility for sending them the bad mag and deal with me. I did contact the distributor and explain things and said I don't blame ya'll. I mighta stirred up a hornets nest over a single mag.lol shoulda just tossed it and moved on.

Comment

• 204 AR
                    Warrior
                    • Sep 2015

No I think you did the right thing, they need to know and you may have saved a bunch of people from getting bad mags, which would ultimately hurt asc more than anyone when sales dropped.

Comment

• Belt Fed
                      Bloodstained
                      • Feb 2019

With the back and forth and them not wanting to take care of it personally I sent this one to em, the answer was still go to the distributor.

Why are you putting it off on them? it's not their product and they couldn't tell it was bad cause it was wrapped. if it was me I wouldn't even ask for that junk back, I would ask for my address and send one out immediately, but that's just me.

Let me tell you what one of your competitors done, I sent hexmag an e mail a long time ago and they never answered. I sent them another with a phone number and about two hours later the owner called me and apologized and I said not a problem. he got my address and he sent me three 30 round hexmags for not responding to my e mail. I told him he didn't have to do that but he insisted. The mistake was not even his, it was mine. I ordered the wrong mag. I wanted the 30 round and by accident ordered the one with the restrictor plate in it. all I wanted was to buy the springs to make it work.

Now if hexmag made 6'5 Grendel or 224 Valkyrie mags, who do you think I would have bought from? stop putting the responsibility off on the distributor that you sold defective stuff too. customer service can make or break you and you have a horrible reputation on gun forums anyway for crappy products. I was warned not to buy from you but I give anyone a chance.

You messed up the mag in manufacture and I understand things can go wrong from time to time, not the distributors fault, take ownership for that mistake and start taking care of it yourselves. that's what I would do, but I don't own your company.

Rick

Comment

• 204 AR
                        Warrior
                        • Sep 2015

Zing! Good job!

Comment

• Alaska Dave
                          Unwashed
                          • Jan 2019

Very well handled.

Comment

• Belt Fed
                            Bloodstained
                            • Feb 2019

Originally posted by 204 AR View Post
                            Zing! Good job!
                            Originally posted by Alaska Dave View Post
                            Very well handled.
                            Thanks, the distributor did e mail me and said he would send me a label and I could send it back, I said nah, I appreciate it, but it's more trouble packaging it back up to ship than it was worth. I told him I didn't blame him except he didn't have the CPD mags in stock. told him I would check back for them. so guess I will take the spring and follower out and trash the rest. a lot of typing and back and forth with others for 10 bucks.lol somebody suggest I paint ASC and a bullseye on it and use it for a target with the new gun and send them a pic.lol I have to admit that would be funny. and I may do that but doubt I will send them a pic.

Comment

• Wanderson
                              Warrior
                              • Oct 2018

Sorry you had so many issues.

My first 7.62x39 AR mags were ASCs, 30s, 20s & 10s. Had issues with all of them. I opened up the fronts, replaced the springs on the 30s with AK springs, lubed ‘em, and they still didn’t always work.

Then I got some CPD Teflon finish mags and they were flawless. And my CPD 26 rnd 6.5 mag is just as good.

Comment

Working...
                              X