• Golfnut721
    Unwashed
    • Feb 2019

Bear Creek again or Ballistic Advantage now

Last edited by Golfnut721; 02-10-2019, 10:29 PM. Reason: Wrong forum
  • A5BLASTER
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2015

Look at the bottom of the home page. Find the group buy section and get you one of the group buy barrels and start shooting better groups.

Comment

• Golfnut721
      Unwashed
      • Feb 2019

Definitely put this in the wrong forum. My apologies.

Comment

• Bigs28
        Chieftain
        • Feb 2016

In my personal and non professional opinion a 6" 100 yard group is not the barrel. I would first check to see if the scope is loose and or good by either trying a different scope and taking it off and putting it back on torqued to spec. I would also check to see if the barrel is loose in the upper and or the barrel nut is loose.

Comment

• 1Shot
          Warrior
          • Feb 2018

Yes the 6" groups with Bear Creak barrels is VERY POSSIBLE. Been there and done that and have the T shirt and you can find a number of folks on this forum that have experienced the same thing. I had the same issue. Did all the change scope make trips to the range wasting time and money. Every shot was a flier. Looking inside the birdcage the crown looked like it was done with a side grinder. I had to send the upper back to BCA and they replaced the barrel and after about 60 rounds it started consistently shooting just under MOA with handloads. It will not do much better than 2 1/2" with Hornady 123 SST and my Oden Works barrel really does not like this ammo either. You should send the upper back for replacement. Call them and talk to the warrantee person and she will tell you what you need to do to ship it back to them. They will provide you a shipping label for UPS.
          Last edited by 1Shot; 02-11-2019, 01:07 AM.

Comment

• ExRacer
            Unwashed
            • Aug 2018

i also tried out the Bear Creek barrel..Could maybe hit a pie plate at 100yds...Returned it and upgraded to an Odin Works for about $80 more and after 150 rounds it will do 1/2 moa with my reloads...No more Bear Creek for me....

Comment

• hwy84
              Unwashed
              • Jan 2017

A5 gave you the best answer. Group buy barrels are what you seek.

Comment

• centerfire
                Warrior
                • Dec 2017

Do you want a barrel with a high likelihood it won't shoot and was made by illegals or a barrel with a solid track record? It's a hard decision, I know.

Comment

• HuntTXhogs
                  Warrior
                  • Jan 2014

Give the diamondback firearms barrel A shot for $ 99 bucks

It shot ELd match into an 1” and my handloads to the same.

Very impressed

Get the warranty replacement and sell it for 50 bucks as a plinking grade barrel

Comment

Working...
                  X