• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ike838
    Bloodstained
    • Aug 2017

PSA 10 owners, Question about gas block

Most PA10 caliber uppers come with an adjustable gas block. Their .308's do not according to the website descriptions. Being interested in a rifle length 20" .308 upper I noticed a question while reading the reviews Someone asked if the PSA aluminum adjustable GB would fit. The only response stated that it was the same GB as came with the upper. So just wondering if anyone can say for sure what GB is stock with the .308 uppers. Mods feel free to move as needed, Thanks
  • NightFisher
    Bloodstained
    • Jan 2018

I think most of their .308 barrels come with a .750 Diameter at the Gas Block, look at the barrel spec to verify. My .308 match barrel is .936. I have had good luck with Odin Works Low Profile Adjustable Gas blocks. Detent adjustment and no set screw.

Comment

• meatsweats
      Warrior
      • Aug 2018

Last edited by meatsweats; 02-04-2019, 10:18 PM. Reason: Wrong info

Comment

• grayfox
        Chieftain
        • Jan 2017

1) I wouldn't go with an aluminum gas block no matter what.
        2) the gas block port is typically larger than the barrel port to allow some tolerance for fit-up
        3) help us understand, this is related to the Grendel (an AR15 form factor)..... how?

At any rate, get a steel GB, that matches your journal diameter.
        "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

• ike838
          Bloodstained
          • Aug 2017

Thanks for the replies, it appears that I didn't make myself clear. The question should have been " do the PA 10 uppers in .308 come with a adjustable gas block?".
          I understand how to size a GB, currently using both SLR and Odin Works GB's on my 5.56 builds. Good to know to stay away from aluminum in this application.

Seems like quite a few knowledgeable people on this site and that is why I posted here. Sorry if I ruffled any feathers.

Comment

• Cornbread
            Warrior
            • Dec 2015

The only ones I've seen listed are for the creedmore. But it will usually be in the product description if it does.

Comment

Working...
            X