• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RobUrban
    Bloodstained
    • Jul 2018

20 inch group buy range report

My girlfriend got me one of the 20" monster group buy barrels for Christmas and got out to the range to sight it in and shoot a few 3 shot groups. I am using factory American Gunner ammo and the groups are all at 100yds. Weather was pretty good, about 40 degrees with minimal wind.
    The gun is a BCA receiver and bolt, on an Anderson lower with MBT trigger. I am extremely happy with this as these are the best groups I have ever shot. I am sure these could even be improved if my skill level was higher. This barrel seems like if you do your part it would put them on on top of each other! I want to thank the forum for having these group buys because this barrel seems like a steal for the performance and the cost!

First 3 shot group was a tad high, first 2 in the same hole with the other just under an inch away
    Adjusted the scope down shot the next 3 shot group, again first 2 in the same hole and the last shot about .75 inch away
    Adjusted the scope up 1 click and got a fresh target and 3 shots all in the center of the target.

Muzzle velocities were measured through the caldwell chronograph
    Attached Files
    Last edited by RobUrban; 12-26-2018, 10:03 PM.
  • Dscoduc
    Unwashed
    • Jan 2016

Nice shooting! Which ammo specifically were you using? Hornady's website doesn't list American Gunner for 6.5 Grendel...
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free." - Ronald Reagan

Comment

• RobUrban
      Bloodstained
      • Jul 2018

It is the Bulk 123 HPBT american gunner from sportsmans warehouse. They sell it in an Ammo can loose with 200rounds. I think it is only available from sportsmans warehouse

Comment

• VASCAR2
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2011

Sounds great thanks for posting!

Comment

• BCHunter
          Warrior
          • Jan 2018

Welcome glad to see your enjoying your grendel. Yes the 6.5 american gunner is exclusive to sportsman warehouse in 200rd bulk ammo cans . Not listed by hornady, there is a whole thread on it, great stuff.

Comment

• RMiller
            Warrior
            • Mar 2018

Looks great, thanks for sharing.

Comment

• LtDan
              Warrior
              • Sep 2017

That ammo has been working very good for me also

Comment

• A5BLASTER
                Chieftain
                • Mar 2015

Looks good sir.

My 20 inch group buy is a shooter for sure, but it's sold now since I have a howa

Comment

• Mark6.5
                  Bloodstained
                  • Oct 2018

Great shooting sir. Even more so with what consider to be a bulk ammo. Man if you get some hand loads i can see .30 MOA in your sights.

Loving my Monster 20 also. Once more great shooting. And you have a great girlfriend that supports you.
                  Last edited by Mark6.5; 01-02-2019, 10:15 PM.

Comment

• RobUrban
                    Bloodstained
                    • Jul 2018

Had my girlfriend test out the barrel for herself yesterday and got some pictures of the rifle. Her shots were from 90yds off a folding table with rear bag. I was very impressed with her shooting!Screen Shot 2018-12-29 at 1.23.32 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-12-29 at 1.22.54 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-12-29 at 1.27.58 PM.png

Comment

• bravo5two
                      Unwashed
                      • Dec 2018

Nice shooting OP!

Comment

• Dinny
                        Warrior
                        • Jun 2016

Fayette County WV?

Thanks, Dinny

Comment

• Mad Charlie
                          Warrior
                          • May 2017

Great 1st groups, wait 'til it gets broke in a little.

I hope the 16" GB barrels are as good as that, I might be able to get out next week and see...

Comment

• RobUrban
                            Bloodstained
                            • Jul 2018

Fayette county indiana! I have about 40 rounds though the barrel now probably wont get to shoot again until spring. But the barrel seems like is surpassing my expectations!

Comment

• Dinny
                              Warrior
                              • Jun 2016

I recently moved from Johnson County IN. Try a muzzle brake on that barrel. My Gamma 6.5 brake keeps muzzle rise to a minimum and allows me to see bullet strikes. Good shooting!

Thanks, Dinny

Comment

Working...
                              X