Warrior
    • Oct 2018

Green with envy of your backyard range

Comment

• LOTO
      Unwashed
      • Nov 2018

Originally posted by papasplace View Post
      I got the very same upper for Christmas that the OP got. It looks good and we will see in the very near future hope well she shoots. I did discover that the M-Lok openings are out of spec. The spec calls for 7mm wide slots... mine measured anywhere from 6.55mm to 6.75mm. I could not get any of the M-Lock attachments to fit. I sent an email to Bear Creek warranty. We will see what they say and how they handle it.
      I had saw several threads mentioning the M-LOK openings being out of spec...I covered the M-LOK openings with Magpul type 2 rail covers and the fit is tight and only plan on using one of the M-LOK openings for a bipod.

Lower is sitting at my FFL, mags came in, and ammo should come in on Wednesday. I'm still undecided on optic but Mueller and Althon scopes are thrown into the mix. I have a Primary Arms 4x14 FFP scope I may throw on for now.

Comment

• LOTO
        Unwashed
        • Nov 2018

Went with a Vortex Crossfire II 6-18x44 AO Rifle Scope for my optics and it is on order and hope to see it soon. Paid $189.95 shipped to my door from Optics Planet....have ordered from OP many times and they almost always give me a discount when I ask for it.
        Thought about slapping one of my other scopes on my 6.5 but will just wait on the new optics....kind of like knowing I have a present under the Christmas tree.

Comment

• papasplace
          Unwashed
          • Nov 2018

I got the very same upper for Christmas that the OP got. It looks good and we will see in the very near future hope well she shoots. I did discover that the M-Lok openings are out of spec. The spec calls for 7mm wide slots... mine measured anywhere from 6.55mm to 6.75mm. I could not get any of the M-Lock attachments to fit. I sent an email to Bear Creek warranty. We will see what they say and how they handle it.
          Today is the 7th of January... after numerous Facebook conversations and emails to warranty dept and calling a dozen times(never an answer and voice mail is full) I am about to give up on Bear Creek Arsenal. I was told on Facbook messenger that there is a new manager in the warranty dept.. but it appears that is making little to no change.

Comment

• grayfox
            Chieftain
            • Jan 2017

BCA seems intent on re-defining that old phrase... now it's going to be "up bear creek...".
            Yeah, I left them in the dust a while ago, sorry to hear of your latest run-ins.
            "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

• bj139
              Chieftain
              • Mar 2017

Today is the 7th of January... after numerous Facebook conversations and emails to warranty dept and calling a dozen times(never an answer and voice mail is full) I am about to give up on Bear Creek Arsenal. I was told on Facbook messenger that there is a new manager in the warranty dept.. but it appears that is making little to no change.
              I sent a request to this address and got a quick reply.
              warranty@bearcreekarsenal.com

Comment

• ike838
                Bloodstained
                • Aug 2017

Originally posted by LOTO View Post
                Since this thread is going so well I might as well add that I am considering a Monstrum scope for optics ��
                Made me LOL!

Comment

• papasplace
                  Unwashed
                  • Nov 2018

Originally posted by bj139 View Post
                  I sent a request to this address and got a quick reply.
                  warranty@bearcreekarsenal.com
                  Yep, that's the same address i sent 4 emails to.

Comment

• Sticks
                    Chieftain
                    • Dec 2016

Did you check your spam?
                    Sticks

Catchy sig line here.

Comment

• papasplace
                      Unwashed
                      • Nov 2018

Originally posted by Sticks View Post
                      Did you check your spam?
                      yep. I manually go thru my spam folder every day

Comment

• cwlongshot
                        Warrior
                        • Mar 2018

I have two Monstrum scopes.

They are so close to other manufacturers. its my opinion these are made but another source & re labeled for Monstrum and other makers.

I have a 1x4 and a 1x6 30MM FFP ACSS Reticule scope. They track VERY accurate and glass is excessively clear and brite. I haven't had them out in extremes of weather or light. They are on Range toys and very serviceable in that role.

I had it ion this Howa to test it as I know the rifle shoots. Now its on a AR.

CW
                        Last edited by cwlongshot; 02-26-2019, 12:45 PM. Reason: Added pics

Comment

• jaybee1669
                          Bloodstained
                          • Mar 2018

I have a PA 4-14FFP on my 20" grendel gun and couldn't be happier with the cost/performance ratio.

Comment

• Sixoeight
                            Warrior
                            • Jul 2018

Originally posted by cwlongshot View Post
                            I have two Monstrum scopes.

They are so close to other manufacturers. its my opinion these are made but another source & re labeled for Monstrum and other makers.

I have a 1x4 and a 1x6 30MM FFP ACSS Reticule scope. They track VERY accurate and glass is excessively clear and brite. I haven't had them out in extremes of weather or light. They are on Range toys and very serviceable in that role.

I had it ion this Howa to test it as I know the rifle shoots. Now its on a AR.

CW
                            Almost all of today's budget friendly scopes and even some of the pricey ones are made in China by a handful of companies. A monstrum may be made right next to a high end vortex. BUT they are also spec'd to a price by the company the puts their label on it. Those companies will also decide whether they just take the box of scopes and fill orders or if they will open them up and actually do quality control. The low end of the budget scopes are not magically the same but cheaper, they just spec cheaper parts, and don't care as much about quality control. It's very much like the BCA situation. Also like BCA they are not necessarily bad for the price you pay but they certainly are not quality manufactured products. They were never designed to be. The only companies that build high dollar parts and sell them for bottom budget prices are companies that fail.

The one exception here (and it isn't really an exception if you consider why) is if you give up features. The SWFA $300 fixed power scopes are, by almost all accounts, comparable in quality to $1000+ scopes. That's because they don't require near the complexity of a variable power mechanism, putting more of that money into glass, materials, and QC.

It is really just simple economics.

Comment

• LOTO
                              Unwashed
                              • Nov 2018

Ended up selling most of my upper/lower small parts and just waiting for my Cerakoted FDE parts to come in. I ran across a thread where several had color filled the roll marks and I decided to give it a shot. I used Model Master Acrylic Dark Earth (ANA 617) and it is a pretty close match to Magpul FDE.

IMG_1365 (800x600)

IMG_1366 (800x600)

Comment

• Dcommoncents
                                Warrior
                                • Jul 2017

Just to chime in on the budget scope topic, based on my limited experience I think Konus is too often overlooked as a decent brand. I'm not an operator and don't do any competitive or long range shooting, so I run budget to mid-tier optics on all of my rifles with the exception of an eotech xps-2 on my home defense Tavor. My highest magnification scope is a Konus pro 3-12 which ran under $200. https://www.amazon.com/Konus-7291A-3.../dp/B00BNVLHLQ

I haven't run any box drills to check the adjustment accuracy, but it has held zero perfectly and has a very useful ballistic reticle that I've used to shoot out to 300 yds, about the furthest I can find around here, on 18" wylde and grendel uppers. Anyway, just food for thought.

Comment

Working...
                                X