• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bayouhunter
    Unwashed
    • Oct 2018

Newbie wanting 6.5 grendel upper

Hey guys! New here. Been reading alot and there is alot of great information. I want a complete quality upper to add to my arsenal. I want a dependable quality product. I will mainly use for plinking and target practice and may use it some hunting. From what I have gathered it sounds luke precision firearms or the Larue upper kit are the most recommended. If I got larue kit I would have them assemble and test it. If I went with precision I would go with their entry upper which I assume is quality. But I would like to here you experts opinions on what You think I should opt for. i assume from prior info gathering I should stick with at least 20 inch barrel but after reading here it sounds as if I could go as low as the 16 inch and still do just fine. All thoughts and opinions welcomed and greatly appreciated. Thanks guys!
  • Bigs28
    Chieftain
    • Feb 2016

We need a little more info on the distances you plan to shoot, your elevation, your expectations, etc. Precision firearms and larue are both great but if you just want to plink cheap steal case all day then you can look for something a little less expensive like odin, alexander arms, grendel hunter, and many more. Precision firearms also gives forum members a 1st time 20% discount on certain items.

Comment

• rabiddawg
      Chieftain
      • Feb 2013

There was a Precision upper with a 16” Lilja barrel in the for sale forum. Been a few months but I never saw it sell.

I don’t know about in stock but don’t be surprised if you have a long wait from Precision.
      Knowing everthing isnt as important as knowing where to find it.

Mark Twain

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...2-Yd-Whitetail

Comment

• Bayouhunter
        Unwashed
        • Oct 2018

I would imagine most of all my shots would be within the 300-400 yard range or closer. I live in Arkansas and hilly to flat areas, my area primarily b/n 500-1000 ft above sea level. I don’t shoot steel casing out of anything only brass. I am not a sharp shooter by any means but I would like to have a barrel that could shoot at least 1 MOA at the minimum so I know it’s not the gun but me as I enhance my skills.

Comment

• A5BLASTER
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2015

Originally posted by Bayouhunter View Post
          I would imagine most of all my shots would be within the 300-400 yard range or closer. I live in Arkansas and hilly to flat areas, my area primarily b/n 500-1000 ft above sea level. I don’t shoot steel casing out of anything only brass. I am not a sharp shooter by any means but I would like to have a barrel that could shoot at least 1 MOA at the minimum so I know it’s not the gun but me as I enhance my skills.
          Got a 20 inch rifle for sale in the classifieds that will do all that you want and then some.

Comment

• Sticks
            Chieftain
            • Dec 2016

The classified section has several AR and Bolt grendles available.

If you want new, there is the ones suggested in the post earlier. I would avoid BCA. You are rolling the dice if you get a good one. Lot of members here have not done so well with them. PSA is also on the low end and may prove good. Not many reports on them.

I would go with Odin Works as they have a rep here of quality accurate barrels.

There is also the group buy barrels if you want to assemble your own.

Welcome to the Horde.
            Sticks

Catchy sig line here.

Comment

• Lonehill
              Bloodstained
              • Aug 2013

I have a really nice 20" side charging reciprocating upper for sale in the for sale section. Shilen match barrel. It's a top quality build and is same as new. Shot only 48 rounds, easily moa

Comment

• 82HALO
                Warrior
                • Nov 2015

LaRue is running a special between now and 12/26 free assembly of upper kits!

Comment

• Shooter31
                  Bloodstained
                  • Sep 2018

I'm loving my Odin works upper. Larue and Precision may be better, but Odin guarantees MOA, and mine is well below that. They are quick to respond to questions and build and ship times are great too. Very happy with my purchase. Definitely recommend them. I'm sure the others mentioned are GTG too.

Comment

• Kswhitetails
                    Chieftain
                    • Oct 2016

I truly believe that the Larue kids are the best bang for the buck in the Grandel market. Period. And now, with free assembly through Christmas, the deal gets even better. 100% top shelf parts, match barrel, fully matched parts and pieces. It’s hard to imagine getting a better upper at any price, (maybe PF?). Regardless, considering the relatively low price point for a fully custom matched and assembled upper, it’s too good to be passed over in any of these discussions.

Good luck!
                    Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.

Comment

• TNhuntsman
                      Warrior
                      • Nov 2018

Just went over to Larue.com and priced out the kit, that is a good deal.
                      I just spent that much on the parts to build mine (monster barrel/bolt, aero atlas hanguards and receiver, Larue MBT and Magpul ctr stock/grip), mine's gonna be nice but that Larue kit is pretty damn nice too.

Comment

Working...
                      X