• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • big bore 427
    Unwashed
    • Oct 2018

bolt compatibility

Will a 458 socom bolt work the 6.5 Grendel?
  • LtDan
    Warrior
    • Sep 2017

no

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
      Administrator
      • Feb 2011

Boltface recess is bigger for 458, so Grendel case head would be sloppy fit in there and reliability would be anybody's guess.

No, won't work.
      :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• NugginFutz
        Chieftain
        • Aug 2013

Originally posted by big bore 427 View Post
        Will a 458 socom bolt work the 6.5 Grendel?

If your budget is smothering this build, consider getting the Grendel BCG from BCA. Since you need the carrier, regardless, this bundled package can save you a few bucks.

This page displays when the page cannot be found, the link is broken, or the page has been moved.

For $88, you get a Bolt, Carrier and gas key, with the proper .136" bolt face.
        If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

• big bore 427
          Unwashed
          • Oct 2018

Thanks alot guys.

Comment

• kpswihart
            Warrior
            • Dec 2016

Midway has a BCG on sale. Link listed in the deals section.

Comment

• NugginFutz
              Chieftain
              • Aug 2013

Originally posted by kpswihart View Post
              Midway has a BCG on sale. Link listed in the deals section.
              It appears to be in the Clearance section, for about $60. (AR-Stoner "brand")

Link below:

ETA: Better hurry - they only have 187 left.
              Last edited by NugginFutz; 10-16-2018, 01:23 PM.
              If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

• Popeye212
                Chieftain
                • Jan 2018

Another one here $79 Toolcraft this one is Nitride.
                Toolcraft 6.5 Grendel / 6mm ARC Bolt Carrier Group - Black Nitride - TC65GBCGBN, Best Prices and Fast Shipping at Arm or Ally!

Comment

• dammitman
                  Warrior
                  • Dec 2012

Originally posted by NugginFutz View Post

If your budget is smothering this build, consider getting the Grendel BCG from BCA. Since you need the carrier, regardless, this bundled package can save you a few bucks.

This page displays when the page cannot be found, the link is broken, or the page has been moved.

For $88, you get a Bolt, Carrier and gas key, with the proper .136" bolt face.
                  hey noggin, I was looking at those parts from BCA and also their assembled bolts,,,,,,what do you think about them and their quality? for me its just extra parts for when the demo's take back the country but nonetheless, are they a good part?

Comment

• Wanderson
                    Warrior
                    • Oct 2018

At $10 cheaper I’d grab the Toolcraft all day.
                    Not running BCA down, they make good stuff, but Toolcraft BCGs are hands down the best for the money.

Comment

• NugginFutz
                      Chieftain
                      • Aug 2013

I have one of their side charging upper assemblies, in 5.56. The bolt and modified carrier both look very good. I see no blemishes, or sloppy tooling marks. I have no issues with these bolts or carriers, so I wouldn’t hesitate one minute ( other people’s experiences not withstanding.) My Grendel bolts fit quite well into this carrier, so I am contemplating building another Grendel as a side charger and keeping the 5.56 bolt as a spare.

Comment

Working...
                      X