RZE? E-Lander? Any other magazine options?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Steelpanther02
    Unwashed
    • Feb 2018

RZE? E-Lander? Any other magazine options?

I can fit like 4 or 5 rounds in my 5.56 and that's about it...but it still feeds well it's just the mag starts to bulge after 5 rounds lol. So I've seen good and bad about the rze but now there's a gen 2 so if anyone has any experience with it let me know. I've also seen asc mags have issues as well...not tried the ugly E-landers yet but I've seen some feed ramp issues with them...any advice on what direction to go in is appreciated fellas.
  • A5BLASTER
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2015

Your correct pmags will hold 5 rounds of grendel and that's what I use while deer hunting.

As far as metal mags go they all have had issues, anything man made can and will fail and have problems.

In high cap mags elanders,asc and cpd all work fine if you take the time to properly break them in, give them a good cleaning during the break in and tweak feed lips as needed.

The elander high cap mags for me have been the most reliable as far as only needing to be broke in and not much else.

But I now prefer the cpdefense 26 round mags for my high cap needs, once you break them in and tweak the feed lips if so needed and clean the inside of the mag body, spring and follower a few times during the break in the run perfectly and lock up fast and tight in my lowers and drop free.

If your wanting lower cap metal mags all of them work same as high cap some need tweaking and some dont.

As far as the rze mag don't have first hand knowledge so can't comment on it.

Hope this helps sir.

Comment

• Londerko
      Warrior
      • Apr 2018

Elander
      You can close the thread now!!!
      In all seriousness though...
      I tried most of brands, sold them all
      To buy more Elanders
      I particulary like the 17 rounders
      Last edited by Londerko; 08-19-2018, 04:58 PM.

Comment

• mdewitt71
        Warrior
        • Dec 2016

Elander 17 round are what I use.. . I have ASC mags but they leave huge gouges in the brass that I usually just leave em home...
        ― George Orwell

Comment

• Steelpanther02
          Unwashed
          • Feb 2018

True elanders seem to be best but I've read even they have some of the issues others are having. A dremel tool takes care of the feed issue for the ACS mags I know for a fact.

Comment

• sneaky one
            Chieftain
            • Mar 2011

Elanders work just fine, they need a small lift up in the mid to front of lips- just off by a tic. I used a 4" crescent wrench to lift - leaves no marring. Smoove..

Takes a bit of effort, it's heat treated SS steel. Be a Marine
            Last edited by sneaky one; 08-19-2018, 11:48 PM.

Comment

• IescapedCali
              Warrior
              • Sep 2017

I’ve got a pair of 10-round eLanders and some 17’s. I’ve never tweaked any of them, and have had no feed issues. I’ve never noticed any scratches or other case damage. Solidly built and don’t feel cheap or flimsy. They get my stamp of approval.

Comment

• Randy99CL
                Warrior
                • Oct 2017

At these prices it doesn't make sense to buy any others. All 4 sizes, one great price.

Oh, and you should grab a trigger while you're ordering. You'll thank me.
                Last edited by Randy99CL; 08-20-2018, 02:48 AM.
                "In any war, political or battlefield; truth is the first casualty."

Trump has never had a wife he didn't cheat on.

Comment

• Redomen
                  Warrior
                  • Jun 2016

^^^^This^^^^

Comment

• Popeye212
                    Chieftain
                    • Jan 2018

What Randy said will be ordering a couple more soon from Larue

Comment

• diddlyv
                      Warrior
                      • Aug 2016

How does one "break-in" a mag? load 1 round clean x5 load 5 clean load 10 clean repeat until no blue fouling?????

Actually torn between 10 and 17 rounders, not in the Infantry anymore so 24 rounders seem like overkill given I have had no zombie sightings to date/
                      Last edited by diddlyv; 08-20-2018, 03:16 PM.
                      Queen of Battle
                      Follow Me

Life NRA, DAV ,VFW, SASS

Comment

• Popeye212
                        Chieftain
                        • Jan 2018

Originally posted by diddlyv View Post
                        How does one "break-in" a mag? load 1 round clean x5 load 5 clean load 10 clean repeat until no blue fouling?????

Actually torn between 10 and 17 rounders, not in the Infantry anymore so 24 rounders seem like overkill given I have had no zombie sightings to date/
                        Your on the right track but the process you described is for Stainless mags you must double for non stainless........ Break in is load em full and leave em for a day or two to speed "break in up". Copious amounts of shooting and reloading is my preferred method. I have larger than 10 round mags for my .223 but for the Grendel 10 rounders are all I need and seem more practical.

Comment

• Londerko
                          Warrior
                          • Apr 2018

Comment

• Steelpanther02
                            Unwashed
                            • Feb 2018

Thanks for all the insight fellas. Best place so far for grendel help.

Comment

• Lastrites
                              Warrior
                              • Apr 2017

Lol breaking in a new mag, most would be served well if they took their new mags apart to clean/light oil of choice and inspect for excessive flashing, raised weld spots and sharp lips. Make corrective actions as needed.

Comment

Working...
                              X