• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • A5BLASTER
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2015

Originally posted by ported45 View Post
    Don't know how long you have been waiting on the refund, but I already have my refund back.

I will say, their product is often junk, but I have had nothing but stellar experience with their Customer Service!!
    Their customer service is doing ok for now.

Will hold finally judgment when I get my refund, but for now it has been ok.

Comment

• Splatt
      Warrior
      • May 2017

Finally shot my replacement barrel today.
      I used Hornady ag ammo.
      Used an old hard drive as a target to get zero'd, and then put 6 rounds on paper.
      11/2 inches horizontal, by 1 inch or so, vertical. They were shots 15 thru 20.
      That'll work. Didn't expect benchrest groups.
      Now to see what reloads can do.
      Last edited by Splatt; 09-04-2018, 02:54 AM.

Comment

• Splatt
        Warrior
        • May 2017

My above group was shot with a cheap Simmon's 2-7x32 scope.
        Next outing, I'll try to actually shoot for accuracy.
        Here's my Grendel.
        Last edited by Splatt; 09-16-2018, 11:17 PM.

Comment

• cwlongshot
          Warrior
          • Mar 2018

UPDATE on my second barrel.

ALL GOOD! I picked up a Atlas bi pod form a friend looking to unload and had to add a forward rail, only I didn't have a M-LOC rail only KEY-MOD's so I stopped and picked one up and the guy offered to install for me if I had the rifle. So sure, he did it in front of me. Well I have a sling stub mount for a Harris bi pod mounted and its screws where hard into the gas block!! So much that they marked the block. Immediately I worried about accuracy as I had proven multiple loadings with the barrel like this... All those range trips, shooting and loading time wasted...

Range trip with the rifles preferred loading of RL15 and a 123 SST proved I was worried for no reason.

The rifle shot just under 1.75 MOA @ 200

Mostly touching @ 100

and all touching @ 50.

Overall, for 69$ and a little waiting I have a serviceable hunting rig. Strongly considering a 450 Bushmaster upper form BCA...

CW

Comment

• bj139
            Chieftain
            • Mar 2017

If it is a 16" for deer hunting it is good to go.
            Every time you spend twice as much you only get a small improvement in precision.
            Who would choose a 16" barrel to shoot 1000 yards anyway?
            The thing that surprises me is these barrels seem far better than factory bolt action rifle barrels from the 1970s.

Comment

• hill37
              Warrior
              • Apr 2017

I remember gun rag reviews from the 60s. The writers were happy with anything less than 1.5" at 100 yds. Less than an inch and they kept the rifle.

Comment

Working...
              X