• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Azgeek
    Bloodstained
    • Aug 2015

Proof Carbon Fiber 20" Preliminary Results

Initial 100 yd testing Still need to break in barrel and bring the correct bi-pod next time! Have about 40 round through it.

proof_prelim_65grendel.JPG
  • centerfire
    Warrior
    • Dec 2017

Nice! I have one sitting here for a build. I'm curious what your hot strings will look like.
    Last edited by centerfire; 02-25-2018, 11:32 PM.

Comment

• Azgeek
      Bloodstained
      • Aug 2015

It was an awful day at the range. After finding out my son forgot to load the box with my cleaning stuff and my bi-pod, the first two groups were shot off a block of wood and shooting bag. Had an M4 grip/bipod combo that I use for the other three groups. Too many distractions and problems, plus I had kids around. Proper testing will take place next week. If I do my part, I see no reason why this barrel will not shoot .5/.6" groups after fully broken in. The barrel never got hot. Really weird! Zero copper fouling found during its first two cleanings.

65grendel.JPG

Comment

• StoneHendge
        Chieftain
        • May 2016

The only thing that will stop a Proof CF barrel from shooting inside 1\2 MOA is the shooter. I do it all the time

The thermal properties are really something you have to see firsthand to believe
        Let's go Brandon!

Comment

• Sticks
          Chieftain
          • Dec 2016

Now if someone will come out with a CF supressor...not that any of us could afford it.

Looking forward to your next report. A CF barrel will be my next replacement...period.
          Sticks

Catchy sig line here.

Comment

• biodsl
            Chieftain
            • Aug 2011

Azgeek...you didn't happen to weigh that barrel before you installed it, did you? A quick internet search doesn't turn up a weight for me and their website is a little vague.
            Paul Peloquin

Did government credibility die of Covid or with Covid?

Comment

• Azgeek
              Bloodstained
              • Aug 2015

Yes sir did. 2.2 pounds.

Comment

• mdewitt71
                Warrior
                • Dec 2016

Did you chrony them 8208 and 120 SMK loads by chance?
                ― George Orwell

Comment

• Azgeek
                  Bloodstained
                  • Aug 2015

No I did not chrono. Too many other challenges that day. I have not shot the SMK 120's in years, but I would expect this load to come in at in at about 2510 fps. Be happy to get you a number this week on my next outing. Taking Friday off for just this reason.

Comment

Working...
                  X