DS Arms "Sand cut M16 style BCG" any advice? yea? nea?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Profit Joseph Sith
    Warrior
    • Nov 2016

DS Arms "Sand cut M16 style BCG" any advice? yea? nea?

I need "a few" BCG's does anyone have any advice whether they think these will actually be benificial or detrimental?

DS Arms is a quality firearms manufacturer specializing in the FAL Rifle, AR15 Rifle and RPD Rifle and latest parts & accessories
    yea
    0%
    nea
    0%
  • mateba
    Bloodstained
    • Mar 2017

This might make help the BCG cycle or clear an obstruction but wouldn't this allow more foreign objects into the receiver? Larger amounts of whatever into the trigger group?

Comment

• Lastrites
      Warrior
      • Apr 2017

Respectfully highly doubt it will cycle out debris and if it actually does, where does it go...I'd venture to guess it would be dropped right on top of the trigger group.

Comment

• Blazin
        Bloodstained
        • Sep 2013

Very interesting...I bet they stole the idea from the FAL's who (eventually) used sand cuts and found them to be a help in sandy environments.

Comment

• Blazin
          Bloodstained
          • Sep 2013

Info on FAL sand cuts: http://www.falfiles.com/forums/print...hreadid=181988

Comment

• A5BLASTER
            Chieftain
            • Mar 2015

Nope waist of money, I would just shop around and find a sale going on for some anderson bcg's or order me some from PF,JP,AA hard to beat their quality per price point in the long run.

Comment

• Blazin
              Bloodstained
              • Sep 2013

I have a GemTech bolt carrier and it has what I think can be described as sand cuts (although I don't believe GemTech calls them that). The reduced carrier/upper bearing surface did definitely smooth up the hand cycling of that AR, but for precision work I really like something with as much bearing surface as possible to ensure the bolt carrier remains true in the receiver; to that end I like Young's Manufacturing bolt carrier.

Comment

• Klem
                Chieftain
                • Aug 2013

Looks like a USP for a wheel that isn't broken.

(USP; Unique Selling Proposition).

Comment

• The Profit Joseph Sith
                  Warrior
                  • Nov 2016

Originally posted by Blazin View Post
                  Very interesting...I bet they stole the idea from the FAL's who (eventually) used sand cuts and found them to be a help in sandy environments.
                  DSA is heavily into FAL's.. you might call them the erican forerunners if that platform
                  But I don't know touch about FAL's. Besides they are fun as heck to shoot!

Comment

• The Profit Joseph Sith
                    Warrior
                    • Nov 2016

Originally posted by Blazin View Post
                    I have a GemTech bolt carrier and it has what I think can be described as sand cuts (although I don't believe GemTech calls them that). The reduced carrier/upper bearing surface did definitely smooth up the hand cycling of that AR, but for precision work I really like something with as much bearing surface as possible to ensure the bolt carrier remains true in the receiver; to that end I like Young's Manufacturing bolt carrier.
                    Yeah, agreed!

Comment

• The Profit Joseph Sith
                      Warrior
                      • Nov 2016

Originally posted by mateba View Post
                      This might make help the BCG cycle or clear an obstruction but wouldn't this allow more foreign objects into the receiver? Larger amounts of whatever into the trigger group?
                      Or on top of the magazine/ammo.

Comment

• ah1whiskey
                        Warrior
                        • Sep 2015

since PA has um on sale for $89 i think i'll try one.

sand cuts arn't gonna hurt the thing-- might help-- the main help is going to be the PTFE coating.

Comment

Working...
                        X