Anderson (Wolf) upper and lower: My First Grendel Rifle.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cheesewhiz
    Unwashed
    • Mar 2017

Anderson (Wolf) upper and lower: My First Grendel Rifle.

I was able to shoot a Grendel AR back in September while in Idaho on business and I really liked it. It was an Alexander Hunter, very nice shooter. I wanted to have one for myself but didn't want to invest a ton to have a shoot once or twice and stick it in the safe queen. So I purchased a Wolf/Anderson upper for a very nice price and a complete Anderson lower for an even better price and now have a less than $600 Grendel. I mounted a nice but inexpensive Vortex 1x4 scope on it and a few other things. I got a chance yesterday to test fire it just for form and function with only 50 Hornady Black at an indoor range. I was very pleased that it ran fine during that short run. Feeding and ejection were perfect, oh Alexander mags, and when I got it home was surprised at how clean those rounds fired. I need to get it out now to an outdoor range and get it zeroed and have some real fun but I very happy with my little inexpensive AR in a Grendel so far and might just have found another round that I'll reload for.
  • LRRPF52
    Super Moderator
    • Sep 2014

Welcome aboard.

If you reload, get the 6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks. Most of your questions about loading for the cartridge will be covered and more in them. They are a lot more than just reloading data.

NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• VASCAR2
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2011

Thanks for the report on your WPA 6.5 Grendel and welcome to the forum!

Comment

• Cheesewhiz
        Unwashed
        • Mar 2017

Thanks for the welcomes and I do plan on getting both of the handbooks to add to my library.

Comment

Working...
        X