• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Governor
    Unwashed
    • Jan 2017

New build failure to feeds

I finished up a Grendel build on Saturday and headed out to the range hoping for a nice range day after an expensive build. I had a few failures to feed with wolf and some failures to lock back on an empty mag until I adjusted the gas block. 1/3 of the wolf rounds would not feed into the chamber. I brought two AA elander 16 round mags and each had exactly he same issues. It got worse then I moved to other ammo. AE 90s, hornady sst, amax, and eld black all had about 50 percent failure rate going into the chamber. Most of the AE 90s would get pushed back 1/2 inch into the case. The simply would not feed into the chamber. It didn't matter if it was using the charging handle, releasing the bolt, or following a shot, all yielded about 50 percent failures. Any thoughts on how to remedy the situation?

Build list:

Mega billet upper and lower
    AA barrel and bolt
    SLR adj gas block.
    LMT enhanced bolt carrier
    Elftmann trigger
    Jp lpk
    Bcm buffer assembly
    Geiselle mk8 15 inch rail.

Mag lips have shiny spots on them now, I think from getting crushed in there with rounds trying to get into the chamber.
  • Governor
    Unwashed
    • Jan 2017

Great, just noticed the gas block clamping screws lean on my rail too

Comment

• A5BLASTER
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2015

The gas blcok screw issue is a easy fix change out to some shorter ones or cut those down a lil with a dremel tool and cut off wheel.

As for the mags I wish I know some advice to give you sir, I have yet to have a mag issue with either my ASC or Elanders.

Will follow along to see what becomes of it, hope you get it figured out soon sir.

Comment

Working...
      X