X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Texas
    Chieftain
    • Jun 2016

Well, the 5.56 and ammo is not going to take a lot of space extra if you keep both. There has to be some other place that you can consolidate space - say food pantry, under the bed, in the closet, etc. etc.
    Even though I do not shoot my 5.56s much any more, I keep them just in case because of availalbilty of 5.56 over 6.5 Grendel ammo.

Is it possible to have too many black rifles, magazines, and ammo?

Comment

• A5BLASTER
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2015

Lol I would cut back the wife and all her stuff and keep my guns and stay living in the country lol.

Comment

• m77mkii
        Bloodstained
        • Mar 2017

Didn't want to be the first to say it A5Blaster was first.You need a bigger condo or another..........

Comment

• Rebels010
          Warrior
          • Jan 2016

When I have to get rid of things, I always ask, is this easy to pick up again down the road? If it's not, then I keep it. If it is, it's gone. I can't tell you how many Glock 19's I've owned over the years. They are a dime a dozen. That's how I feel about 5.56.

In regards to SHTF, I can't buy any possible scenario it happens to where a load of 5.56 is necessary to keep. Assuming it does happen for kicks and giggles, you're most likely screwed living in a condo already, so it doesn't matter. And it's not like you don't have other firearms.

Comment

• 85_Ranger4x4
            Warrior
            • Nov 2016

Originally posted by Rebels010 View Post
            In regards to SHTF, I can't buy any possible scenario it happens to where a load of 5.56 is necessary to keep. Assuming it does happen for kicks and giggles, you're most likely screwed living in a condo already, so it doesn't matter. And it's not like you don't have other firearms.
            More universal ammo to trade/find and more common rifle parts and mags in SHTF. Like no contest at all.

Granted I do agree a condo you are probably screwed.

Comment

• danm
              Warrior
              • Aug 2014

Rule already typed... Everyone needs one complete gtg 5.56 somewhere on their property... But my go to bedside is my 12.5" 6.5...

Comment

• Klem
                Chieftain
                • Aug 2013

Keep the 5.56 and sell the 20th century guns.

Your M1, M1A etc are all museum pieces and likely you won't be grabbing any of them if the SHTF. The 5.56 is still the most popular and versatile of all the guns and you have to admit, does the business with the right ammunition. A 16" barrel is a good all-rounder if you only have one upper. Keep your Grendel of course.

2K of 5.56mm doesn't take up much space - A couple of ammo liners.

'Beware the man with one gun'...Or two, or three...

Comment

• Rebels010
                  Warrior
                  • Jan 2016

My point was that I don't see SHTF anyway, and say it does, in a condo it won't matter. Therefore if your only holding on the 556 for SHTF, then dump it. It can easily be replaced anyway. At least for the next 4-5 years.

Comment

• Rickc
                    Warrior
                    • Aug 2016

If you live in an eastern city and believe that it is possible for the gas to stop flowing and ths grocery stores to empty.

Bugging out is truly your only option. You can go early or join the mass exodus later

Where will you go? Where there are few people. Better prepare now.

Comment

• rabiddawg
                      Chieftain
                      • Feb 2013

You don't have to live in an eastern city. Around here, south La. Shelves and fuel can get in short supply with just the threat of a hurricane. Katrina didn't impact us in Lafayette except for almost every gas station being empty for 2-3 weeks. It even extended into central La.

My point is, where ever there is a mass exodus supplies will get low.
                      Knowing everthing isnt as important as knowing where to find it.

Mark Twain

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...2-Yd-Whitetail

Comment

• 85_Ranger4x4
                        Warrior
                        • Nov 2016

Originally posted by Klem View Post
                        Keep the 5.56 and sell the 20th century guns.

Your M1, M1A etc are all museum pieces and likely you won't be grabbing any of them if the SHTF. The 5.56 is still the most popular and versatile of all the guns and you have to admit, does the business with the right ammunition. A 16" barrel is a good all-rounder if you only have one upper. Keep your Grendel of course.

2K of 5.56mm doesn't take up much space - A couple of ammo liners.

'Beware the man with one gun'...Or two, or three...
                        I would start offloading AR's before I did the older ones. Harder to find and pricier when you do find them if they are nice... and I will always like them better. Agreed for SHTF but for all around having I would rather have them.

Comment

• WVShooter
                          Unwashed
                          • Mar 2016

Keep 'em all and buy more!!!

Get creative with your storage, e.g., mounts on ceiling of closets, mounts on inside walls of closet above the door, false walls, removable floor planks, a pedestal base for the bed with doors and drawers, vacuum seal your ammo to store flat, etc. The possibilities are endless!

Comment

Working...
                          X