6.5 Bolt assembly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6.5 Bolt assembly

Would it be possible to install a Grendel bolt assembly into a normal 5.56 upper even if you install a 6.5 barrel in it?

-Brodady

Almost all AR-15 uppers are interchangeable. Put matching barrel & bolt & there you have it, grendel, beowolf,5.56, whatever.
    Lots more to learn, isn't there?

Comment

Originally posted by mlmiller1 View Post
      Almost all AR-15 uppers are interchangeable. Put matching barrel & bolt & there you have it, grendel, beowolf,5.56, whatever.
      Lots more to learn, isn't there?
      A ton... haha, and thanks, some good info.

-Brodady

Comment

• commando57

You have to get a Grendel magazine, also.

Comment

Originally posted by commando57 View Post
          You have to get a Grendel magazine, also.
          I heard that you can use normal 556 mags but you just need to alter the feed lips and replace something inside them, i forgot what it was though

Comment

SUPPOSEDLY you can alter the lips and replace the follower. Supposedly you are supposed to replace the spring with a tougher spring, but I have heard others use it just fine...

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper20 View Post
              SUPPOSEDLY you can alter the lips and replace the follower. Supposedly you are supposed to replace the spring with a tougher spring, but I have heard others use it just fine...
              So in your opinion, would it be fine if I altered a magpul 30 round pmag to 6.5 without changing the spring?

Comment

Search the Grendel magazine thread. There are lengthy discussions on this by those who have done it.

Comment

• RangerRick

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
                  Search the Grendel magazine thread. There are lengthy discussions on this by those who have done it.
                  Yep all those things have been tried and generally don't work. The grooves in the side of Grendel mags aen't as deep.

RR

Comment

Just get grendel mags.

Comment

Okay, thanks y'all

Comment

Working...
                      X