• Show
Clear All
  • Cockednlocked
    Bloodstained
    • Jun 2016

Originally posted by 85_Ranger4x4 View Post
    Me too.

It ain't as cheap though.

Also forgot some have anti rotation tabs so the handguard can not physically rotate once installed. Kind of a nice feature. Neither the Roucsh or Smith have them (not sure how big of a deal they are?)
    The tabs help keep things aligned like they should be. I suppose it makes a difference in how the hand guard clamps to the barrel nut whether or not they are needed. Both my handguards are Geissele. I like his product, and all my other parts are premium, so I figured to use an upper-end handguard/rail system, too. His rails require his barrel nut and also have the side tabs you mention. His is an M-lok system, and part of the reason for the higher cost is that he includes the barrel nut, wrench and his gas block, which is ensured to fit within his handguard (although my Wilson Combat adjustable and Odin Works adjustable blocks both fit without issue). The wrench he includes is nice, works with all types of barrel nuts.
    Attached Files

Comment

• mdewitt71
      Warrior
      • Dec 2016

Originally posted by wraith1516 View Post
      So the consensus is unless you're making a showpiece don't spend your money on the expensive hand guard
      Do research on all of em..... there is some cheap crap that might look good from a internet pic but, is junk in real life.

Me personally I do not like keymod so that's not an option for me as well as buying from questionable companies or things made overseas that I am not sure about the quality.

Leapers UTG Pro Slim line is proven about as much as the big names (Aero, Rainier, M.I, YHM, Diamondhead, ect)....and they stand behind their gear.
      I would have to contact these 223Handguard.com and Mentium USA to pick their brains before I went that route.
      ― George Orwell

Comment

• Cashflow
        Unwashed
        • Nov 2016

Handguard stuff

I have several different ones but my new Grendel build will have the Diamondhead VRS-T 556 handguard on it. They make it with keymod and without. Since this will be primarily a range toy I will get the one without the keymod. It's one of the most comfortable handguards I've ever tried. Good luck with whatever you pick!

Comment

• mdram
          Warrior
          • Sep 2016

are there any decent budget handguards @ 17", for a 20" barrel
          just some targets for printing
          https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...xQ?usp=sharing

Comment

• diddlyv
            Warrior
            • Aug 2016

R U sure you want to hang something heavy that far out??
            Queen of Battle
            Follow Me

Life NRA, DAV ,VFW, SASS

Comment

• mdram
              Warrior
              • Sep 2016

yep

its gotta weigh less than my 300wby bull barrel
              just some targets for printing
              https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...xQ?usp=sharing

Comment

• mdewitt71
                Warrior
                • Dec 2016

Originally posted by Cashflow View Post
                I have several different ones but my new Grendel build will have the Diamondhead VRS-T 556 handguard on it. They make it with keymod and without. Since this will be primarily a range toy I will get the one without the keymod. It's one of the most comfortable handguards I've ever tried. Good luck with whatever you pick!
                Diamondhead VRS-T are very nice hand guards, I have 3 of them but, they are also some of the heaviest around.....to include the wt. of the nut they use.
                ― George Orwell

Comment

• 85_Ranger4x4
                  Warrior
                  • Nov 2016

Originally posted by Cockednlocked View Post
                  The tabs help keep things aligned like they should be. I suppose it makes a difference in how the hand guard clamps to the barrel nut whether or not they are needed. Both my handguards are Geissele. I like his product, and all my other parts are premium, so I figured to use an upper-end handguard/rail system, too. His rails require his barrel nut and also have the side tabs you mention. His is an M-lok system, and part of the reason for the higher cost is that he includes the barrel nut, wrench and his gas block, which is ensured to fit within his handguard (although my Wilson Combat adjustable and Odin Works adjustable blocks both fit without issue). The wrench he includes is nice, works with all types of barrel nuts.
                  Yeah, my UTG Pro has them and it is pretty clear how they work.

I didn't know if the handguard or barrel nut rotating is that common occurrence on a rifle that didn't have them or not though.
                  Last edited by 85_Ranger4x4; 01-19-2017, 06:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X