ultra-light Grendel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ultra-light Grendel

Does anyone have one? How do you like it? I'm thinking about getting one to go along with my Entry Rifle.
  • bwaites
    • Mar 2011

I'll be playing with one Thursday!

Comment

Good for you! Let me know what you think. Complete rifle?

Also, I couldn't access the AA website earlier. Anything up with that?

Comment

It looks like there have been a lot of changes to reflect added products to the website, so if you had a bookmark specifically in the Grendel section it won't work anymore. The site is totally up and running, with a lot of new things and options as you go to the online store.

Comment

• bwaites
          • Mar 2011

Originally posted by cmdc View Post
          Good for you! Let me know what you think. Complete rifle?

Also, I couldn't access the AA website earlier. Anything up with that?
          Complete rifle. And I'll fill everyone in!

Comment

My plan is to get the 14.5" barrel. I thought it would complement the Entry Rifle for tighter terrain. I'm led to believe it will still have adequate ballistics for hunting.

I did manage to get onto the AA sight earlier. It has changed somewhat.

Comment

• leopard6.5

Hi cmdc: Before I say anything about the AA Ultralight I should put out the disclaimer that I have an AA Ultralight upper for sale in the classified section so please take what I say for what it's worth with that in mind.

I found the Ultralight to be the lightest upper I have ever felt.
              I was lucky enough to know someone who had one when I was trying to decide what I wanted to buy and I was able to shoot his Ultralight before making my decision.
              His upper shot sub-moa and was very quick to move for follow-up shots and really nice to carry with the lower weight.
              It also was easy to handle in getting into and out of a vehicle( pick-up truck in my case).

I actually bought( and am now selling) two uppers at the same time. I bought the Ultralight upper and the GDMR upper.
              My thinking at the time was that I would use the GDMR upper for target shooting and then when I wanted to hunt I would just switch the uppers and put on the Ultralight.
              Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to use either one of the uppers other than putting 12 rounds through the GDMR upper when I was zeroing a scope.
              It shot sub-moa and would expect the same from the Ultralight with the Satern barrel since that's what the one I shot did.

Hopefully this all helps(even if I'm long winded) and it will be interesting to hear what Bill has to say when he shoots the Ultralight as it may have a different barrel than a Satern since they don't make Grendel barrels anymore.

Good Luck and if you have any questions, please ask.

Lee

Comment

Leopard6.5, is the Ultralight the 14.5" barrel with the 1.5" integral flash hider? Is it a complete upper?

Comment

• leopard6.5

cmdc: Yes the Ultralight Satern Spartan is the 14.5" barrel with the integral flash hider to bring the overall length to the 16" .

The Satern Spartan upper I have has the properly headspaced bolt with it but does not have a complete BCG as my plans were to just take the BCG out of the GDMR upper I have and use it in the Satern Spartan upper after I switched the bolt. That way I could just change it when I was going to use the other upper.
                  I may have another Bolt Carrier around( I know I have to get organized) that I could include but I hate to say for sure and promise it until I can find one.

Please let me know if there is any other questions I can answer for you.

Lee

Comment

Let me know if you find one. I would be interested in that Ultralight.

Comment

Working...
                    X