• mongoosesnipe
    Chieftain
    • May 2012

carbon fiber grendel barrel....

Punctuation is for the weak....
  • rabiddawg
    Chieftain
    • Feb 2013

That's cool. I couldn't find any details on the sight but did find this article http://www.tactical-life.com/firearm...n-arms-ca-15-2
    Knowing everthing isnt as important as knowing where to find it.

Mark Twain

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...2-Yd-Whitetail

Comment

• mongoosesnipe
      Chieftain
      • May 2012

based on my perusing of the christian arms website the seem to have significant weight advantage over bull barrels but not much over a shorter barrel in the weight department

Comment

• rabiddawg
        Chieftain
        • Feb 2013

I just searched this site and found a thread from back in 2011 about this company. I guess I am the only one that hasn't heard of them before.
        Knowing everthing isnt as important as knowing where to find it.

Mark Twain

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...2-Yd-Whitetail

Comment

• m796rider
          Warrior
          • Jul 2011

20" barrel with midlength gas system? Christensen Arms should rethink that...

Comment

• Maplebacon
            Unwashed
            • Feb 2016

Rainier is a little lazy with the description. Not even a twist rate? Gasblock/tube manufacturer? Included? Thread pitch/diameter? Weight?

Personally I would rather a matched bolt be included rather than a block/tube.
            Last edited by Maplebacon; 02-26-2016, 09:16 PM.

Comment

• din
              Warrior
              • Feb 2015

Rainier seems like they're focusing more and more on "lifestyle" ARs rather than innovative and high quality products.

Comment

• mongoosesnipe
                Chieftain
                • May 2012

all the money is in style don't ya know

as far as material and labor there is practically no difference between a pair of wranglers and armani jeans same type of deal with ar15s

i like rainier as the have a verity of stuff and frequently get new stuff in and charge a reasonable amount for the items the do sell they are a smaller operation so the tend to focus on the higher margin items to turn a profit realistically there is no difference between a forged anderson lower for $40 and a forged noveski for $140 other than the name on the side but one of them probably has a better profit margin

i have done business with them a few times and the customer service is great

Comment

• mumzer
                  Unwashed
                  • Jun 2016

i bought one of these and stuck it together Saturday. Its undergassed with a MLGS as the gas port is drilled approx .0675. I would have FTF's every 3 or 4 rounds and the brass sort of dribbles out into a pile.

Fit and finish are good...but not fantastic. Not for instance on par with my Criterion creedmoor barrel.

On the other hand it is LIGHT. The .936/20" tube with a comp weighs less than the 14.5" light barrel on my m4. It is very gentle on the brass. No throat dents, no vampire bites and no extractor damage. Slight ejector smile.

Accuracy is too early to tell. I am not blown away with the groups i printed with factory 123 AMAX, but in fairness, i'm 45 y.o. and keeping a hard focus on the crosshairs becomes more challenging every year. Seemed to be about 1MOA with a 5X scope, but i did put up one group at around .600" I'll post more info when i get it broken in, as it was clearly picking up speed over the course of the 40 rds.

Comment

• biodsl
                    Chieftain
                    • Aug 2011

Thanks for the post, mumzer. My question is why would anyone make a 20" barrel with a MLGS? Strange. Keep us informed on your progress.
                    Paul Peloquin

Did government credibility die of Covid or with Covid?

Comment

• mumzer
                      Unwashed
                      • Jun 2016

good question....i think the answer may be that a RLGS with a tiny hole wouldn't run, so rather than come up with a new GP size, they shortened the gas tube up to a point in the bore with more pressure. its a bit odd to me as well and certainly not my preference. To be honest, i was more focused on OAL and twist rate and overlooked this weird feature. If i had it to do over again, id order it with a RLGS instead.

Having said that, it cycles so gently, its hard to imagine that it would be any smoother with a longer gas tube. With a PRI brake this 7.5lb gun has recoil is similar to my 12lb 6.5 creedmoor with a jp brake. It's REALLY gentle.

Comment

• mumzer
                        Unwashed
                        • Jun 2016

opened port to .078. Runs like a champ. here's a lousy pic.

Comment

Working...
                        X