• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gmar
    Bloodstained
    • Aug 2015

How to identify an AA Barrel and BCG?

I have a guy who wants to trade his Grendel to me. He says it's an AA barrel but I'm not 100% positive it is. Are there any marks on the barrel or bcg I should be able to see without disassembling the upper? He has a cheaper handguard on the upper, so I just want to make sure he's telling the truth.
  • Drillboss
    Warrior
    • Jan 2015

Good question and I'm not sure there's a definitive answer. I have a Shilen barrel that came with a matching bolt, and that bolt is marked with an Alexander Arms logo. A buddy and I recently bought barrels from AA and he got a bolt with his. Neither the barrels nor the bolt had markings or engraving on them. Another member noted that he asked AA and they responded that their engraver was down.

Comment

• sneaky one
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2011

Contact AA., they will tell you what was made in the past

Comment

• muzz1504
        Unwashed
        • Jan 2016

Just bought one of the 16 inch lite barrels from Alexander Arms' website. Don't see any markings on barrel...no chamber, manufacturer, nothing.

Comment

• gastonglock21s
          Bloodstained
          • Apr 2013

The AA BCG's I have seen from about 2 years ago use torx headed socket head cap screws for the gas key. Not sure if they are still doing that or not. Maybe someone can chime in and verify whether or not they are still doing that.
          Last edited by gastonglock21s; 01-22-2016, 03:47 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X