• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Eldonkey
    Bloodstained
    • Jan 2016

Thoughts on this Odin setup?

Hi All,

Again fairly new here.. Thoughts on the following Odin complete upper?

I do not know much about this company, any info is appreciated.

Thanks,

Frank
  • Drillboss
    Warrior
    • Jan 2015

No experience with Odin and no opinion one way or the other. Precision Firearms has their Criterion barreled upper at a similar price point...

6.5 Grendel Neptune EL V-I This Unit is our Entry Level Upper for those wanting Value. It's not a Neptune IV or V but it will still shoot under 1 MOA and is great for hunters! Barrel Options: Criterion Barrel Chambered in house by Precision Firearms Available in 16, 18, or 20 inch 1-8 Twist Bolt is matched and properly headspaced to barrel. Includes Our Own Phalanx Match carrier andd Bolt Fluting Optional Upper: Precision Firearms Forged Upper receiver with Forward Assist, Shell Deflector, and Port Cover BCM Gunfighter Mod 4 or Mod 3 charging Handle. Optional Billet Side Charge Upgrade Muzzle Attachment: PF NOX Flash Hider Optional PF LMD Brake fitted to barrel to reduce recoil to less than 5.56 Handguard: Troy MLOK This is a Light Upper. Weight 4lbs, 14oz. We use true SAAMI Spec 6.5 Grendel Chamber Use only magazines made for 6.5 Grendel. Absolutely NO other modifications REQUIRED to lower. Will mate to any quality Mil-spec lower except some Colts with the Large diameter takedown pins. We do stock the adapte...

I've heard pretty good things about those folks.

Comment

• Keep The Change
      Warrior
      • Mar 2013

I'm with 'Boss on this. I don't know much about Odin other than parts they make. I'd go with PF before Odin. We know what PF makes and it is a SAAMI spec Grendel chamber. PF is also active here and he is a good guy with a great product.

Comment

• brandon41582
        Unwashed
        • Nov 2014

Precision firearms is great!!! I bought an upper and at 100yrds it will shoot hole for hole if I do my part w/hornady factory loads. Really nice guy also. I had a hundred questions to ask and he took time out his busy schedule to answer every one of them. If I buy or build another grendel PF will definitely get my money.

Comment

• Optiskate
          Unwashed
          • Jan 2016

I don't have any experience with the upper either, but I just ordered an Odin 20" 6.5G barrel, BCG with type two bolt, and gas block. It will be awhile before I have a gun up and running as this will be a no expenses spared build, but I'll give you my initial impression once the goods are in hand. They appear to be good stuff from what I researched and they damn well better be for the price. lol Odin is based out of Idaho just hours away from me. American made is always a plus.

Comment

• am4966
            Chieftain
            • Jul 2014

Originally posted by Eldonkey View Post
            Hi All,

Again fairly new here.. Thoughts on the following Odin complete upper?

I do not know much about this company, any info is appreciated.

Thanks,

Frank
            Odin has a good rep on there barrels. It's not top shelf but it will shoot. I haven't seen feedback on there Grendel barrels yet, but is imagine the fruit doesn't fall far from the tree.

Am
            12.5" SBR Grendel - Need Barrel
            Surge - Rugged Suppressor
            Been a fan of the Grendel from the very beginning and haven't second guessed that choice one time.

Aim small, miss small!

Comment

• Lakeray
              Bloodstained
              • Nov 2014

I'll say this: I have a SCAR 16 AND 17. Last year I bought a PF Arion Type 65. My SCARS are both for sale, need I say more?

Comment

Working...
              X