• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • A5BLASTER
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2015

Dtechuppers.com

Has anyone heard of this company before.

Just found it tonight, he list a 6.5 dti as a caliber he sells and states he only uses shielln barrels.

Im guessing its not a sammi specd chamber, will be contacting him tommorw and get some info on it.

They also sell just barrels and can match your bolt to one of thier barrels.
  • am4966
    Chieftain
    • Jul 2014

Yes I've heard of him, he made the wssm cartridges for the AR 15. I believe he's out of Minnesota, if your looking for Shilen barrels. There is a guy who sells the 20" and 18" Shilen for less than what Shilen does. I'm trying to remember his name just curious, what are you looking for and how much you want to spend And are you looking for MOA or .5? Maybe I could help point you to a barrel.

Edit: Just remembered the guys name, The Barrelman Jerry, Rainer Arms also sells Grendel barrels Shilen.
    Last edited by am4966; 01-15-2016, 07:18 AM.
    12.5" SBR Grendel - Need Barrel
    Surge - Rugged Suppressor
    Been a fan of the Grendel from the very beginning and haven't second guessed that choice one time.

Aim small, miss small!

Comment

• A5BLASTER
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2015

Not really looking for anything right now, just was gathering intel and reporting to the horde what I had found is all. And his barrel prices listed are cheaper then the shielln barrels at midwayusa and he can cut them to any legnth is what his website states. Giving him a call now to gather more info.

Comment

• LRRPF52
        Super Moderator
        • Sep 2014

What is the parent case for the 6.5 DTI? I just looked over his site, and see 6.5/.243 WSSM on one page, and 6.5 DTI on another.

He's done some interesting things with the WSSM's in the AR15, especially the magazine and upper receiver work.
        NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• kmon
          Chieftain
          • Feb 2015

IIRC the DTI cartridges use the 6.8SPC as the parent case, necked down and shoulder changed some

Comment

• 204 AR
            Warrior
            • Sep 2015

D-tech is a guy in Minnesota that does awesome work. I had one of his 25 wssm uppers. His name is Mike Milli. Not sure if I spelled that correctly. The DTI rounds are 6.8 spc based, that are improved somewhat. He sells custom Hdy dies to go with his uppers also.

He is somewhat of a legend on Predatormasters.com. Wait times were up to a year long a few years back.

Comment

• audredger
              Unwashed
              • Jan 2016

Thanks for all the info. Found a place to get 6.8 spc pulls for .30 ea. At that price one could afford to to loose a few.

Comment

Working...
              X