Did everyone know that Christiansen Arms is making Grendels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gophernuts

Did everyone know that Christiansen Arms is making Grendels?

Well the title says it all. The CA-15 Predator is available in 6.5 Grendel. How bad ass would that set up be? I would never spend that much money but they do make nice rifles.

Last edited by bwaites; 09-20-2011, 03:59 PM.

That is one expensive firearm. That being said I do like the carbon fiber barrel. I always wondered why you don't see any manufacturers using carbon fiber in their products like we have seen in other markets ie. cell phone and dash covers. Now if they would only sell the barrel separate. Also their build your own feature stinks. No where near the amount of selection I was hoping for as far as stocks and triggers.

Comment

Youually, and you can call me kooky, one would expect to have a link to click when another is making a post like this. Just sayin'.

Comment

• bwaites
        • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Snew View Post
        Youually, and you can call me kooky, one would expect to have a link to click when another is making a post like this. Just sayin'.
        Added links, so there you go!

Comment

• StoneTower

How much does the the carbon version weigh? What makes it special is the lightweight barrel.

Comment

Originally posted by Costa View Post
            That is one expensive firearm. That being said I do like the carbon fiber barrel. I always wondered why you don't see any manufacturers using carbon fiber in their products like we have seen in other markets ie. cell phone and dash covers. Now if they would only sell the barrel separate. Also their build your own feature stinks. No where near the amount of selection I was hoping for as far as stocks and triggers.
            They do sell barrels seperate, or you can send them yours and they will turn in down and wrap it in carbon fiber.

Comment

Thanks, I'll have to look in to that.

Comment

I've handled some of their rifles at 'Get Some Guns' in Murray, UT. They seem to be very well-built, using nothing but high-end components, and they are noticeably lightweight. The receivers are Nickel Boron plated, which is cool-looking, and may add some benefits in longevity. They are definitely a niche market fire-stick maker for customers who shell out the big bucks. I'm personally opposed to op-rod systems in the AR, but they are such a craze in the AR market based on all the gun rag articles about them.
                Last edited by Guest; 09-28-2011, 02:05 AM.

Comment

They look like nice rifles, I really like the look of the predator handguards.

Comment

After searching, I decided to order with them. http://proofresearch.com/

I have one barrel in order for a wildcat caliber. Heat dissipation is much greater. The wrapping process is different. One is wrapping carbon like toilet paper. The other takes one sheet. Makes a hole and slide it in. Sorry for the exemple in this analogy.

More expensive then the other. Just a bit heavier maybe less than one once.

While deciding which compagny to order from. I wrote to them. Christensenarms will make, just, the barrel with your specs http://www.store.christensenarms.com...tion=contactus
                    Last edited by Guest; 09-29-2011, 01:05 PM. Reason: Additional info

Comment

That is very interesting. I know guys with carbon fiber wrapped barrels. Carbon fiber barrels are usually wrapped in a diagonal pattern. Since carbon molecules are composed of atoms perfectly aligned at 90 degree angles, that refuse to flex under stress, it is an awesome material to use in high-stress applications.

The .338 Edge group at the proofresearch site is pretty phenomenal... 3.11" group at 1124 yards. A buddy of mine who is huge into long-range shooting bought a Sako TRG .338 LM with the intention of re-barreling it right off the bat. He decided to just check and see how it would do at 1000yds, so he loaded up some 250gr Scenars, zeroed it, dialed in his 1000yd dope, and shot a 2.5" 3-round group first time. "I ain't changin' a thing!" There are guys now making regular 1st-round hits with .338 LM at 2000m when the wind is low, using the 300gr Scenars.

Comment

• StoneTower

I just called Christiansen Arms and they want $1200.00 for a 20" Grendel barrel. The barrel weighs about 2 pounds. Weight of their completed 20" rifle without scope or mount is around 6 pounds.

Comment

Last I checked they wanted around $600 to turn down and wrap an existing barrel.

Comment

$600 is about what they wanted in the first place. Geee $1,200 It is cheaper with emails
                            Last edited by Guest; 09-30-2011, 01:23 AM.

Comment

• StoneTower

Maybe the guy I talked to did not know, but he told me that they had to supply the barrel. He did not know the exact weight of a 20" barrel so he put me on hold and came back in about 5 minutes after he had put one on the scale. They may not want to compete with themselves and might want to sell complete rifles.

I wish we could get a group by going where we could get the price down to where I could afford to get one. I would love to have a 20-22" carbon wrapped barrel for my hunting rig.

Comment

Working...
                              X