BHW hits it out of the park again. Black Friday 16 inch .264 LBC.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • usmcm16a2
    Warrior
    • Aug 2015

BHW hits it out of the park again. Black Friday 16 inch .264 LBC.

Gents,

I wanted a barrel for a light weight build, BHW had a sale. They had a special on a 16 inch medium contour 1:9 .264 LBC on sale for $245 shipped. I used a AeroPrecision M4E1 upper and a 15 inch Key mod free float hand guard. A 7.62x39 bolt, Bushmaster bolt carrier.
    The upper is topped with a 1.5x5x30 Falcon Menace scope with a L20 reticle. It is mounted in a S.A.L.T mount from SWFA. I took it all to the range today, and it shot outstanding. 5 shot .64 on paper, then started hitting the silhouettes at 200-600 yards. The steel ranged from 24 inch swingers, to 5 inchers at 600 yards.
    The virtues of the 6.5 Grendel cannot be overstated or over praised. This is the most fun I have ever had shooting in my 35 years of shooting. I 3 rifles built, and my enthusiasm for the cartridge only continues to grow. A2
  • jawbone
    Warrior
    • Jan 2012

a .64 5shot is definitely gtg. i'm a full convert to the fantastic Grendel, too. can't ask any more from the AR15 platform. wish we'd had it back in the day.

Comment

• danm
      Warrior
      • Aug 2014

Originally posted by usmcm16a2 View Post
      Gents,

I wanted a barrel for a light weight build, BHW had a sale. They had a special on a 16 inch medium contour 1:9 .264 LBC on sale for $245 shipped. I used a AeroPrecision M4E1 upper and a 15 inch Key mod free float hand guard. A 7.62x39 bolt, Bushmaster bolt carrier.
      The upper is topped with a 1.5x5x30 Falcon Menace scope with a L20 reticle. It is mounted in a S.A.L.T mount from SWFA. I took it all to the range today, and it shot outstanding. 5 shot .64 on paper, then started hitting the silhouettes at 200-600 yards. The steel ranged from 24 inch swingers, to 5 inchers at 600 yards.
      The virtues of the 6.5 Grendel cannot be overstated or over praised. This is the most fun I have ever had shooting in my 35 years of shooting. I 3 rifles built, and my enthusiasm for the cartridge only continues to grow. A2
      Very NICE! Love me some BHW... Best three shot group with my 18" standard contour 1:9 was .25...

Comment

Working...
      X