My new Grendel build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new Grendel build

Been working on this one for a while now. Got a Mega billet upper receiver with slot for Young bolt with side charging handle. Tried to order 28" Grendel Barrel but could not find anyone that could supply one as Saturn was not taking any new orders and did not have what I wanted on the clearance page. Ended up ordering a 264 LBC-AR reamer and go gage and sending it to Krieger in order to get 28" bull barrel. Put on JP forearm and adjustable gas block to enable gas shutoff. Got the stock from Competition Shooting Stuff to help balance the rifle. Installed Geissels 2 stage match trigger and added a Nightforce 12-42X56mm Benchrest scope.

Went and broke in the barrel today. Pain in the you know what to shoot 1 and clean but it had to be done. Sighted in the scope while breaking it in on the 200 yrd range. Now to find what load it likes the best.

range.jpg 265LBC-AR.jpg
  • RangerRick

Hi Brick,

Nice stick!

RR

Comment

Nice looking rifle. Crazy looking stock too.

Comment

Very nice, hope it shoots as good as it looks. Have fun.

Comment

Is that one of JP's shorter tubes or is your gas block extended?

Cheers, Will

Comment

Originally posted by WillD View Post
            Is that one of JP's shorter tubes or is your gas block extended?

Cheers, Will
            Gas block extended on 28" Krieger.

Comment

JP makes an extended handguard just for this:

Support page for warranty, service, and returns

It adds 3" to a standard rifle-length tube.

Comment

• jwilson1985

as do we ..carbon fiber ones aswell that bolt to a standerd mil speck nut no epoxy
                Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
                JP makes an extended handguard just for this:

Support page for warranty, service, and returns

It adds 3" to a standard rifle-length tube.

Comment

• jwilson1985

lokiweaponsystems.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, lokiweaponsystems.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

http://www.lokiweaponsystems.com/pro...m4-handguards/ xl is 15" not to hijack just thought id add to the opptions

Comment

Those are some great prices on the Loki Weapon Systems handguards. Both Carbon Fiber and Aluminum it looks like. Those fit on standard AR15 barrel nuts? Tell me more...specific rail sections...are they only compatible with your guards? Will other rails fit them? Prices seem very reasonable.

Comment

wow looks like someone shoots Highpower.

Comment

• BenchRider

brickcues -- You are going to LOVE that 28 inch bull barrel! You chose all the right components too. I might be biased because I'm running the Geissele DMR trigger and a Nightforce 12-42X56 BR with NP-2DD reticle over my Satern 28 inch Grendel barrel. My gas block isn't adjustable though. So you're one-up on my rig.

Mine seems to like the 123 gr AMAX pushed by 30.3 grains of 2520 for distance.
                        The great thing about the 28 inch pipe is that you don't have to push any bullet to the pressure limit to get velocity.
                        The bad thing about the 28 inch pipe is that you need a wheelbarrow to get the thing out into the field.

Comment

• mtn_shooter

I'm interested to see how it groups. I'm in the process of building a very similar dpms lr in 260 remington. (Krieger 26" bull bbl, jp tube NF scope etc.) And I'm not sure if the krieger will be limited by the gas system. I know not exactly apples to apples but there should be some relation.

Comment

I have been having problems with not enough pressure to power gas system. Krieger has not done Grendel before so did not know that the size of the gas relief in the barrel should have been larger. I had to drill out myself just this week to fix. My thanks to everyone here for the help on fixing this problem as it works fine now.

I have been so busy fooling with this problem that I have not shot any groups per say as I was busy changing springs and buffers to see if I could get gas system operating without making gas hole bigger. I did however shoot about 20 rounds at 100 yrds and it made a hole the size of a quarter. I should be able to shoot some groups next weekend with the chronograph to see how it does at 200 yrds with different reloads and powders.

Comment

Did you have to go bigger than .106" or did that solve the problem?

Cheers, Will

Comment

Working...
                              X