• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mille3b3
    Unwashed
    • Aug 2015

Chamber confusion

hey everyone, I know this topic is a horrible one but everything I read is conflicting. so, without trying to start a huge argument, I would like to know whether I need to buy a 6.5 grendel or grendel ii barrel. I reload but nothing crazy in terms of length and etc. all I would like to know is what will shoot both factory and reloaded ammo accurately and reliably out to 300 yards. thank you in advance, Evan
  • BjornF16
    Chieftain
    • Jun 2011

Everything you need to know has pretty much already been posted...just look around.

Just received an email from Satern saying they are now offering a Grendel II chamber.Can anyone elaborate on this? My understanding is the reamer takes out the compound throat. How many more different Grendel variants can we get!? Kind of getting annoying. This barrel will be used primarily for lighter bullets including Nos
    LIFE member: NRA, TSRA, SAF, GOA
    Defend the Constitution and our 2A Rights!

Comment

• cory
      Chieftain
      • Jun 2012

You mean the Grendel chamber or the Satern Chamber. Go with the (SAAMI spec) Grendel, you'll be happy you did.
      "Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• am4966
        Chieftain
        • Jul 2014

Saturn chamber came to fruition by laziness! But they say it's a better design, I mean if it was a better design I would guess Bill would have went with it from the start. It's a shame since Saturn makes great barrels! But I personally won't buy one now, but others do and are happy.

Oh another reason I won't buy one is you can't get it Nitrided or it voids the warranty. Come on, nitriding is very popular and it's just a reason to not stand by there product.
        12.5" SBR Grendel - Need Barrel
        Surge - Rugged Suppressor
        Been a fan of the Grendel from the very beginning and haven't second guessed that choice one time.

Aim small, miss small!

Comment

• LR1955
          Super Moderator
          • Mar 2011

Originally posted by mille3b3 View Post
          hey everyone, I know this topic is a horrible one but everything I read is conflicting. so, without trying to start a huge argument, I would like to know whether I need to buy a 6.5 grendel or grendel ii barrel. I reload but nothing crazy in terms of length and etc. all I would like to know is what will shoot both factory and reloaded ammo accurately and reliably out to 300 yards. thank you in advance, Evan
          At one time it was very hard getting true 'Grendel' chambers. And it is a very fine line between what one calls a Grendel and the new term of 'Grendel II'.

These days it is way easier to get Alexander's design of Grendel chambers cut in barrels since they are SAMMI and a barrel maker doesn't have to jump through legal hoops with Alexander to use the name 'Grendel' and thus a 'real' Grendel chamber.

So, get the SAMMI Grendel chamber and you won't have to worry about anything.

LR55

Comment

• mille3b3
            Unwashed
            • Aug 2015

it seems like AA is the way to go. that or a lilja were going to be my two personal options (not knocking any other brands by any means) thank you all for the advice. this made it really easy. all in one page too

Comment

• 1075 tech
              Warrior
              • Apr 2015

If you are looking to build your own upper, Alexander Arms (http://www.shopalexanderarms.com/6_5...ers_Parts.html) is selling just barrels in 16", 20", and 24" lengths.

Comment

Working...
              X