SBR gas system length

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SBR gas system length

I'm planning a 10" build. What length gas system is working well for you guys that have done it?
    pistol
    0%
    carbine
    0%
    I like pie
    0%

im really not sure what would be better for that. But why do you want to use a cartridge thats a pretty good long range cartridge. Why not use something else cheaper like 5.56? Or just get you a good pistol.

Comment

Originally posted by kamrr4437 View Post
      But why do you want to use a cartridge thats a pretty good long range cartridge.
      The same reason anyone SBRs something that shoots rifle cartridges. I can and I want to. The Grendel out of any length barrel is still going to be a 6.5 and moving pretty fast. The 5.56 or a pistol cartridge wouldn't compare. I have an SBR Uzi already anyway.

I don't have anything in .223 and I'm not adding that cartridge to my collection.

Comment

When we decide to go sbr with an AR we are able to swap uppers and play with different calibers. That being said we still have the idea that draws us to the dark side and it must work correctly. If we have found a cartrige that we like we should, accumulate uppers in many variations and barrel lengths.

That being said I am subscribing to this thread as my Hunter upper n mags need company.

Comment

Working...
        X