X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • usar_ds
    Bloodstained
    • Aug 2014

jt dist was having issues with their grendel barrels about a year ago, they temporarily discontinued them, good to know they have them back up and running.

i have to wonder is these are still being produced by shaw, or a new contract? and JT/doublestar hasn't yet posted anything about their findings involving the original issues.

but $100 bucks is a screaming deal.

nothing against jt dist/doublestar but... have you seen this thread? http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...rrel-Group-Buy

just an idea.
    Last edited by usar_ds; 09-05-2015, 12:24 PM.

Comment

• am4966
      Chieftain
      • Jul 2014

The group buy barrel is a screaming deal too! Getting a barrel that is Melonited that will last and be great against rust, weather and so on.
      12.5" SBR Grendel - Need Barrel
      Surge - Rugged Suppressor
      Been a fan of the Grendel from the very beginning and haven't second guessed that choice one time.

Aim small, miss small!

Comment

• VASCAR2
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2011

I have the 16" J & T heavy Chrome Moley barrel which shoots really good for a non free float rack grade barrel. My 16" barrel has a carbine gas system and came with a Phantom Flash Hider. I have had no issues with the carbine gas sysyem other than some lighter charges of CFE 223 (30 grains) and 123 grain Nosler CC which short cycled. I guess the slower burning powder didn't produce the needed pressure quick enough with the carbine gas system.

Alexander Arms only sells midlength gas system with 16" barrels after extensive testing. I bought my J & T upper complete which came with an A-2 front sight tower. If I were buying now with availability of the Wolf steel case ammo I'd probably buy a Chrome lined or Melonite/PQP barrel. I still may jump in on the Faxon barrel deal but the J&T barrel would be very tempting after seeing how mine shoots. My barrel will shoot Hornady A-Max to MOA out passed 600 yards and my hand loads usually run 1-2 MOA.

Comment

Working...
        X