Hornady came out with 100gr GMX in 6.8/.277 caliber!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Joseph5
    Warrior
    • Oct 2012

Hornady came out with 100gr GMX in 6.8/.277 caliber!

I just saw this tonight, not sure when it was added to their website? It seems to me that if they are making them that size already it shouldn't be to hard to program the mill to take another .3mm off of the diameter.
  • txgunner00
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

Might be a candidate for resizing to .264.
    NRA life, GOA life, SAF, and TSRA

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

George Mason, co-author, 2nd Amendment.

Comment

• Slappy
      Warrior
      • Feb 2014

Last edited by Slappy; 12-07-2014, 08:28 PM.

Comment

• Slappy
        Warrior
        • Feb 2014

If anyone finds these in the 6.5 please post it up. Thanks BANG BANG!!

Found them on Midway, the writes up I have read they are not very accurate. Going to wait awhile before I decide to get any.
        Last edited by Slappy; 12-07-2014, 09:54 PM.

Comment

• sneaky one
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2011

Umm, I can't even touch this one.... Really? Really??????

Should I go to un farging Really ?

Some cool things are on the way. Hang tite .
          Last edited by sneaky one; 12-08-2014, 01:18 AM.

Comment

• Joseph5
            Warrior
            • Oct 2012

Sneaky, Im not doubting that cool things are on the way. I just thought it was interesting that these showed up in the Hornady catalog not long after all of the discussion on here about the perfect 6.5 somewhere around 100 grain mono bullet. I was wondering if Hornady already has a similar bullet in the works for the 6.5 Slappy, I only saw 1 review on Midway that said they could not get the 120r GMX to shoot. All of the other reviews stated they were getting sub moa accuracy.

Comment

• sneaky one
              Chieftain
              • Mar 2011

Ill get back to you Joseph , after I get some sleep. Been busy cutting some Gmx pills down to 105-, 95 grn., with tails on them-for testing

I have the 95 Gmx at the pinnacle of accuracy` using cfe 223 powder. One holers, or at the worst- a cloverleaf grouping.

I have no doubt of the next best pill heading our way ` in 6.5mm., should be cool .
              Last edited by sneaky one; 12-08-2014, 03:02 AM.

Comment

• Slappy
                Warrior
                • Feb 2014

What I read was on another hunting forum and 3 folks on there stated it was not a very accurate bullet along with a couple Creedmor guys. If I find it again I will try to put a link on there. Then I also see two different BCs for this (120gr) .450 and .480. and the SSts are .510? which I find curious but I am no expert?? Just stating what I read sorry if it upset a couple people. Also read one guy said they shoot well at the range and another one stated they leave a bunch of fouling. Seems to be difference of opinions out there, And then on this forum from2012 the 95 GMX was/is a good shooter and someone was getting 2700 out of it? BANG BANG!!
                Last edited by Slappy; 12-08-2014, 03:17 AM.

Comment

• am4966
                  Chieftain
                  • Jul 2014

I want the GMX loaded by hornady, the SST killsxdestroys what you shoot. But at the expence of the bullet fragmenting everywhere inside the animal.
                  12.5" SBR Grendel - Need Barrel
                  Surge - Rugged Suppressor
                  Been a fan of the Grendel from the very beginning and haven't second guessed that choice one time.

Aim small, miss small!

Comment

• Joseph5
                    Warrior
                    • Oct 2012

Slappy, I don't think you upset anyone, Sneaky has been working on cutting down/modifying mono metal bullets for the Grendel for years now and he is very intense about the subject and I think his work will benefit us all when it is brought to fruition. The difference in the BC's has to do with the nose shape. The GMX is shaped like the 120gr Amax which if I am correct has a more Tangent ogive. Sneaky, I am eagerly waiting and hoping you will be able to get your work rewarded and your designs into mass production.

Comment

• stanc
                      Banned
                      • Apr 2011

Originally posted by sneaky one View Post
                      Some cool things are on the way. Hang tite .

Comment

• Joseph5
                        Warrior
                        • Oct 2012

Okay, so apparently I am a little slow on the draw. I was going back through the Bullet I want thread and realized just now that the 100gr GMX in 6.8 mentioned back in October was a Hornady factory bullet. When I was first reading that thread as it developed way back then I though it was another one of Sneaky's modified bullets. This is what happens when you go from being a cocky 20 year old with an almost photographic memory to a 45 year old, run ragged by a 4 year old angel :^), who is slowly realizing that he isn't in his 20's anymore and whose memory has become a post-it-note pad!

Comment

• tony549
                          Unwashed
                          • Sep 2014

Originally posted by Joseph5 View Post
                          Okay, so apparently I am a little slow on the draw. I was going back through the Bullet I want thread and realized just now that the 100gr GMX in 6.8 mentioned back in October was a Hornady factory bullet. When I was first reading that thread as it developed way back then I though it was another one of Sneaky's modified bullets. This is what happens when you go from being a cocky 20 year old with an almost photographic memory to a 45 year old, run ragged by a 4 year old angel :^), who is slowly realizing that he isn't in his 20's anymore and whose memory has become a post-it-note pad!
                          It doesn't get better as you get older. At 62 years old, I keep forgetting where I put the post its.

Comment

• rabiddawg
                            Chieftain
                            • Feb 2013

See my signature
                            Knowing everthing isnt as important as knowing where to find it.

Mark Twain

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...2-Yd-Whitetail

Comment

• sneaky one
                              Chieftain
                              • Mar 2011

Guys, I have sent in a many requests in, Plus more. I originally went for the 95 grn. Then we teamed up for a two pack= an 80-85 & a 105.

It's gonna be whatever it is------ unless , until I, get some feedback from Rick o shay on a few certain Gel tests on the GMX's I sent to him.

The idea was lighter pills down south, heavy up north. I`` we , are on this, till the end. I introduced RL 7 into the mix, yet none was avail. in the Cali area.

Goal is soon to be finalized, I hope!
                              Maybe the west coast boys could pop in on this?

Comment

Working...
                              X