X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tackdriver
    Warrior
    • Feb 2013

Maybe it was the temp, it was 123 scenars w/31.0grn of Lvri would guess temp was 20-25degrees warmer outside. Accuracy didn't fall apart but my firing pon paid the price.

Comment

CCi 450, Fed GM205m, are my current go to primers. I have a brick of Rem 7.5s to try out soon.

+1 to what Drifter said.

Comment

• Blacklab
        Warrior
        • Mar 2012

mainly been using cci 450 but I'm going to use BR cci the next time I'm at the loading bench.
        Hey I'm not a complete idiot I have parts missing. Though some times I wonder.

Grendellizing predators as of the fall of 2012.

Small bullets that go really fast, make me giggle...........

Comment

• waveslayer
          Warrior
          • Jan 2013

Originally posted by dammitman View Post
          Has anyone ever found that using a certain primer actually was the culprit making a load inaccurate in their grendel? Just the primer change, nothing else at all.
          I did some load work up using 123 AMAX and XBR powder using CCI 450's.... wow switched to Remington 7.5 primers to just see. Shrunk my group down by a whole inch at 200 yards! It's now my PET load. .5" at 200 yards now.

So my experience has been, yes, it can make a big difference. I just worked up a load and then I used that same load using different primers. That saves time and money and doing that I stumbled upon a awesome load.

Comment

• NugginFutz
            Chieftain
            • Aug 2013

Originally posted by waveslayer View Post
            I did some load work up using 123 AMAX and XBR powder using CCI 450's.... wow switched to Remington 7.5 primers to just see. Shrunk my group down by a whole inch at 200 yards! It's now my PET load. .5" at 200 yards now.

So my experience has been, yes, it can make a big difference. I just worked up a load and then I used that same load using different primers. That saves time and money and doing that I stumbled upon a awesome load.
            WS - did you note any changes to MV? Was the primer the only change to your load?
            If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

• waveslayer
              Warrior
              • Jan 2013

Originally posted by NugginFutz View Post
              WS - did you note any changes to MV? Was the primer the only change to your load?
              Yes there was a small change, I will have to get my reloading data and update this post. It wasn't much from what I remember.

Update. I had a 15-22 fps change. The Remington 7.5 being a tad faster
              Last edited by waveslayer; 06-06-2014, 03:31 AM.

Comment

• SG4247
                Warrior
                • Aug 2013

image.jpg

While not shown here on the chart, I can say the CCI #41 is intended for auto loader rifles like ARs and I have found it to be the most reliable and least likely to pierce in high pressure loads.

I have ruptured cases in my Grendels and had the #41 stay intact.

Hope this helps...
                NRA F-Class Mid Range High Master

Comment

• SG4247
                  Warrior
                  • Aug 2013

Also think the #41 is .025" thickness. Much like the 450 and BR4 but maybe different and harder material.
                  From thier site:
                  Quote on #41 primers;
                  •Mil-spec sensitivity
                  •Initiator mix optimized for ball/spherical propellants
                  •Available in large (No.34) and small (No. 41) rifle
                  •Use the same data as CCI Magnum primers
                  NRA F-Class Mid Range High Master

Comment

• Dos Perros
                    Unwashed
                    • Mar 2014

FWIW, I have found CCI's BR4 to get flattened quite easily compared to others. Have also had some doubles and slam fires with them. I don't think they are the best for AR type applications. I do use them with great results in a bolt gun, though.

Comment

Working...
                    X