Any load data for Hornady 129g Interlock bullets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ragedracer1977

Any load data for Hornady 129g Interlock bullets?

I have H335, TAC, and XBR.

There's a shoot this weekend, and I can't get my hands on any 123gr SST's like I usually shoot.

Hoping someone might have some data for this bullet as it's all I could find.

Thanks!

There is data for TAC and 8208XBR for the 129gr Interlock in Hornady's 9th Edition:

8208XBR-2.245" COL (work COL out in your chamber) 22.4gr was their start load, and max was 26.2gr work up in .2gr-.3gr increments, no more. XBR is known to spike viciously with 123gr, so don't go near the max load and just load from there, especially with a longer bearing surface flat-based bullet.

TAC-23.6gr start load, max load 27.3gr

Those both maxed out at 2300fps from an 18" barrel for Hornady's testing.

Comment

• ragedracer1977

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
      There is data for TAC and 8208XBR for the 129gr Interlock in Hornady's 9th Edition:

8208XBR-2.245" COL (work COL out in your chamber) 22.4gr was their start load, and max was 26.2gr work up in .2gr-.3gr increments, no more. XBR is known to spike viciously with 123gr, so don't go near the max load and just load from there, especially with a longer bearing surface flat-based bullet.

TAC-23.6gr start load, max load 27.3gr

Those both maxed out at 2300fps from an 18" barrel for Hornady's testing.
      Cool, thanks!

I'm just going to 'blast' these, so I'll go low. I have a bunch of 123g SST on the way, but they won't be here in time to load for Saturday morning. Just wanted something to make noise with and maybe hit a plate or 2.

Comment

This thread should help.
        Guys, great news! Just picked up the new Hornady load manual (9th Ed.) and it lists load data for CFE223 in all three bullet weight classes! Not to mention a listed max with the 123 grainers of 2500fps out of an 18" barrel. I'd be happy to share charge weights if anyone's interested. Happy shooting!

Go to post #4, pic #2.

Using the 129SST I'm getting sub-moa with 25.9g of 8208. AA brass, COL 2.260, CCI-450 primer w/18" Liberty/Saturn barrel.

Comment

Working...
        X